Thread: Carbon arrows

AlienX

Default Carbon arrows

hey guys i know this is a form for bow tech stuff but i was wonderin if you can straighten carbon arrows. i started to get a terible groupings so i took a look at my arrows a few of them were bent right at the tip

RogerSr

No you can not straighten carbon arrows, but if it's the end that is bent, you can cut them off and put on a new point or insert,

AlienX

awsome thanks for the help

bwollard

wow thats very unusual... i dont think i have ever seen a bent or warped carbon arrow. But yeah, you can just cut the tip of the arrow off right behind the old insert and put a new insert in. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

i have seen a few easton acc's that were bent at the end

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Beman that I bent quite a few years ago. What happened was that it was a winter 3D shoot---very cold--- and the arrows were very hard to pull. What I did was start twisting them to break them loose from the foam. Little did I know that doing so actually twisted the inner layers of the shaft, breaking them loose from the boding agent. Called Beman about it and they told me what I was doing wrong and to use lube on the arrows next time.

So be forewarned that if this is what happened then the carbon layers may have broken loose from each other, severely weakening the shaft. For the price of arrows I would not take the chance of just cutting a little off and installing new inserts unless the arrows are sufficiently long enough to cut at least an inch behind the bend. That may mean removing 3" or more from the overall length.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver