Thread: S4 w/16" Limbs-String & Cable lengths?

Unregistered

Default S4 w/16" Limbs-String & Cable lengths?

I have a S4 with the 16" limbs that has Nitrous B cams on it now and i am considering setting it up with furious cams. I have done some calculations and think the sting should be 54.5" and the cables are 43".
    would this be correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Can't help with your question, but I have a couple for you. I'm planning on maybe building an S4 Mag (14" limbs) and Nitrous B cams. What for draw length range are you getting with yours right now? How's the performance?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have a S4 with the 16" limbs that has Nitrous B cams on it now and i am considering setting it up with furious cams. I have done some calculations and think the sting should be 54.5" and the cables are 43".
    would this be correct?
    Yes you are corect. Actually Martins specs call for the string for the small Furious cam to be about 11.25" longer than the cables...however from my experience this leave them some what "shortstrung" which causes you to have twist up the cable more than anyone should care to, so yes 11.50" inch difference should be perfect and will yield about a 41.75" A/A.

crag

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Can't help with your question, but I have a couple for you. I'm planning on maybe building an S4 Mag (14" limbs) and Nitrous B cams. What for draw length range are you getting with yours right now? How's the performance?
    Scepterman, thank you for the confirmation/info on the string cable lengths. it is nice to know I only need to replace the string to change set ups between the nitrous and furious, and probably the fury cams as well at my DL. my guess is a #1 would get me to 28". most of the lengths seam to match up to the cougar 3.

bfisher
    my s4 mag was set up with the furious cams so I am not sure what DL range you would get with the nitrous b.
    on my 16" limbs with the B I am at the bottom end of the module for 28" draw. performance seams ok, but I have only shot a few times and do not have any speeds calculated yet.
    however the HL mods will need to go, I am only able to get 50-52#s out of the B cams and the holding weight is way too low to effectivly get my release to go off, so I need to find a set of 65% mods.
    or maybe a set of the mini mods, not sure what would be better. this is my first set up with the nitrous so I am a little unsure how to best set them up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crag View Post
    Scepterman, thank you for the confirmation/info on the string cable lengths. it is nice to know I only need to replace the string to change set ups between the nitrous and furious, and probably the fury cams as well at my DL. my guess is a #1 would get me to 28". most of the lengths seam to match up to the cougar 3.

bfisher
    my s4 mag was set up with the furious cams so I am not sure what DL range you would get with the nitrous b.
    on my 16" limbs with the B I am at the bottom end of the module for 28" draw. performance seams ok, but I have only shot a few times and do not have any speeds calculated yet.
    however the HL mods will need to go, I am only able to get 50-52#s out of the B cams and the holding weight is way too low to effectivly get my release to go off, so I need to find a set of 65% mods.
    or maybe a set of the mini mods, not sure what would be better. this is my first set up with the nitrous so I am a little unsure how to best set them up.
    The #0 Fury cam with the 16" limb on a Scepter will yield a 28" draw #1 will be 29"...irregardless of what the charts say.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crag View Post

bfisher
    Crag,

That info helps. Thanks.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver