Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warthog owners

T-dog

Default Warthog owners

I am currently bidding on a new warthog bow on Ebay. Most of what I read at first sounded great, but the more I research, I am reading that there are problems with the cams hitting the string, and problems with the STS.
    I would greatly apreaciate any advice and comments about this bow. I'm not planning on bidding higher unless I get some positive feedback on this bow.

Thanks in advance
    Travis

RogerSr

I don't know what you mean by the cams hitting the string? I think the Warthog is a great bow! if i were to buy a new bow, it would be a Warthog.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with RogerSr -
    I bought an 09 FireCat which is the same bow with a shorter ata and I kinda wish I would have went for the Warthog because of the longer ata.
    Once I got it tuned in - it shoots fantastic !!!
    I recently gave away an older Martin that I had to a friend that moved to Alaska so now I am looking at replacing it - and the Warthog is right up there competing with an Alien...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    I have to agree with RogerSr -
    I bought an 09 FireCat which is the same bow with a shorter ata and I kinda wish I would have went for the Warthog because of the longer ata.
    Once I got it tuned in - it shoots fantastic !!!...

I bought a Warthog a few months ago and haven't even set it up yet. When I get home from Iraq I plan on spending hours putting arrows through it.

I've read all of the bad stuff about people having problems with it. I still bought the bow because I know that if there is an issue, Martin will take care of it. I prefer a 35" ATA or longer on a bow so the Warthog was my choice. Wish it had a longer brace height but I'll find out if it will make a difference.
    2010 Martin Firecat W/CATII's,TG5301 Sight, Martin Biscuit, Lynx 4 Quiver, Easton A/C/C's, Muzzy 100's

2009 Martin Warthog, Tru-Glo5301 Sights, Martin Biscuit, Lynx 4 Quiver, Easton A/C/C's, Muzzy 100's

2004 Martin Cougar Magnum W/Nitrous C-Cams, Tru-Glo5301 Sights, Martin Biscuit, Lynx 4 Quiver, Easton A/C/C's, Muzzy 100's

2004 Martin Razor W/Nitrous C's,TG5301 Sight, Martin Biscuit, Lynx 4 Quiver, Easton A/C/C's, Muzzy 100's

michaelg

i have been shooting the warthog sice february. i love the bow and plan on shooting as long as they continue to produce it.

i do know what you are talking about with the strings hitting the cams. my bow came with the CAT cam. the later bows come with the CAT 2 cam.

there was a recall on SOME of the cat 2 cams but martin as they always do fixed the problem. the wart hog is one of the most accurate shooting bows i have ever shot.

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine. I have several hundred shots through it an I noticed the serving was wearing lightly and appeared to be rubbing. Martin was called and two new Cams and mods sent ASAP. I wouldn't get rid of this bow if I had to do this every 1000 shots, i like it that much.
    '09 Warthog, QAD HD, Sword Centurian, Scott Sabretooth

T-dog

Thanks alot guys. I have more piece of mind. Would any of you know how much is too much to pay? I see the MSRP is $750 but they are going alot cheaper on Ebay, I see them buy it now for $579 with free shipping, and my top bid is alot less than that.

Post Thanks / Like

579 would be a really good price. This bow is worth way more than that IMO.
    '09 Warthog, QAD HD, Sword Centurian, Scott Sabretooth

Post Thanks / Like

MSRP is $750 and MAP is $700. You'll probably find most places sell them between the two prices so I'd say $579 is fair enough. The only problem I see with buying something like this over the internet is that you can't look at that particular bow and check for cam lean and such, but if it comes with the factory warranty Martin would take care of any of these issues.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

T-dog

The Seller has a 100% rating and he assured me that it is new in the box with full warranty, all paper work, and will come with a receipt. Bow season starts next weekend so I am not planning to hunt with it until gun season at the earliest, if not next season, so I have plenty of time to get it dialed in. That is if I don't get out bid. I'll send a post tomorrow when the auction is over.