Thread: kinda new to the game

Post Thanks / Like

Default kinda new to the game

Purchasing the Bengal with the draw wt at 50# and draw length at 29in. What is the best arrows to use for target and hunting?

Post Thanks / Like

Almost anything with a spine rating of .400". Being as you asked what is the BEST I'll steer you toward something like Easton X10. They cost about $400 a dozen. What I'm saying is that there is no such thing as best when it comes to archery equipment.

Now do you really want the BEST or do you want something suitable in a given price range? As I said, a .400" spine from any of ther arrow manufacturers. Easton/Beman, Gold Tip, Carbon Express, PSE, Carbon Tech, Victory. Several others.

Each one makes several different grades of arrows in different price ranges. Most start at $60/doz up to well over $150/doz. If you want decent arrows at a reasonable price that you'll find available locally you're going to want to look at something like Easton/Beman, Gold Tip. These usually go about $60-$90 depending on which you want.

You want my .02 I'd tell you Easton Epic400 or Gold Tip XT5575. Either is a pretty good bang for the buck if you are a beginner and even if you aren't.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for your reply. $ will be my second concern. 1st was the "right" size arrow for the situation. thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ray from Auburn View Post
    thanks for your reply. $ will be my second concern. 1st was the "right" size arrow for the situation. thanks again.
    If by size you are asking about length don't worry about it. Get the spine right like I mentioned. For length, an inch past the rest works well. I just usually cut mine to my bow's draw length and be done with it. Can always cut a little off later if need be.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver