Thread: Have you had problems with the martin firecat

tturner0003

Cool Have you had problems with the martin firecat

First, how much does the firecat 2008 & 2009 cost brand new. Have you had problems with the limbs cracking because a former local dealer said that people has had a problem with the limbs cracking. I like the bow and I'm considering purchasing one, but I want to know all the problems other oweners have complained about.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've had mine for about 1 1/2 years now and finally starting to see a bit of serving separation where the string leaves the top cam. I guess that is fairly normal for strings with 15,000 shots on them. Guess it's time to get the serving tool out.

Other than that I've had no problems, especially with the limbs. I am aware that there are lots of posts about limb problems, but as with most manufacturers, I think this is a small percentage of total sales and Martin is good about replacing them. They are noted to have some of the best customer service in the industry.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

my top limb cracked but i was told the 09 limbs are much stronger, although i was the only one with a limb problem with a firecat that my dealer has sold