Thread: martin Firecat XR proseries draw adjustment

klamath

Default martin Firecat XR proseries draw adjustment

HI I bought my wife a firecat XR pro saeries with the small round cams, it says on the lower limb
    peak weight 25 - 40
    string length 42
    and draw length 25. I have treid everything I can to adjust the draw out for her. I was wondering if there is anything else I can do to increase the draw but keep the light draw weight for her.I adjusted the string on the cams all the way. would I have to have the limb changed and cams changed to increase this.

Jack NZ

When I had my Firecat,it was an XRG with Sonic wheels when I bought it.
    I had it converted to Z Cams an Fast flight string harness after I'd owned it for about 5 yrs.
    I did have it set on a max of 80lb but when I had the conversion done I could only get 70lb max out of it.
    The dealer told me this would happen and as the conversion made the bow so much nicer to shoot and a little faster as well I didn't mind in the lest.
    I say contact the factory an speak to them about doing just this conversion.
    Cheers an good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Klamath....may I assume that the wheels on this bow are round on the front, somewhat oblong on the back and have three different grooves in which the cable can sit? If so, they are Flite Wheels, and they will match the string length of 42" you have mentioned. The Flite Wheels offered draw length adjustment of 1" upward or downward, using the slot or groove in the side of the wheel. Regardless of how the draw is adjusted, there will be a change in the bows' draw weight. Adjusting it longer will increase the draw weight - about 5# per inch on average. Decreasing the draw length will have just the opposite effect.
    Adjusting the draw length more than 1" in either direction will require a new pair of Flite Wheels. These wheels were produced in 7 different sizes (diameters).

Hope that helps.