Thread: C.A.T. Hybrid Duo Cam

Kahkon

Default C.A.T. Hybrid Duo Cam

Can someone please explain this to me?

I am a fan of the shoot through system nitrousx. I like everything centered. Is this cam system like that? Basically, when I look down my string is everything going to be left of the string a bit or all centered.

I like being able to use a laser and line everything up in a straight line and my next new bow must be able to do this.

RogerSr

The C.A.T. cams are not like your Nitrous X shoot through System, everything is not going to be centered,any bow that has a rod & slide or a CCS will be off centered

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't physically measured how much the string groove is offset on my FireCat, but it's about 3/16", similar to what you'd see with older two cam systems. I guess the bow could be designed with the string groove centered on the bow, but being as they use a cable slide/rod it would probably put undo stress on the limb forks producing more cam lean than some of the bows now have.

Having shot older dual cams, then single cams, Nitrous X cams, and now the Cat cams I would say that the X system is the best at tuning and just plain accuracy, but the Cat cams aren't bad. I'm not as accurate with the FireCat, but I contribute that more to the highly reflexed riser and short A2A than the cam design.

When I'm on my game I can often shoot groups as small as 1 3/4" at 40 yards, which is as good as I ever got with some of my older, longer A2A target setups so the accuracy is there if you can shoot. Ya just have to work a little harder for it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Kahkon

Bowtech CenterTrac Binary Cam, claims to be able to have everything centered or am I interpreting it wrong?

"Balance and precision are a military necessity. When a cam is pulled to one side by a power cable causing it to lean, balance is lost and precision is sacrificed. BowTech’s proprietary CenterTrac Binary Cam system splits the power cables onto both sides of each cam, so tension from the cables is equal with the string tracking down the middle. The result is a precision cam system that marches a straight line."

I was under the impression that the C.A.T. cam system was similar. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

No, the Cat cam isn't like that. My FireCat does have a bit of cam lean, but not severe. Holding an arrow along the side of the cam parallel to the string there is about 1/4" gap at the mid point of the string. Both cams check about the same.

All in all, I'm not going to worry about it as the bow does shoot fine. It's not too many bows these days I can get to fling a bare shaft like it's on a laser.

Frankly I wouldn't mind a slightly smaller dual cam X system with the Cat cam's draw characteristics. Smaller so it would fit my shorter draw length.

I can't comment on the BowTech system, except to say you I'll bet you aren't getting one of them for the price of a Martin.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Kahkon

Oh, I was just using the bowtech as an example. I have a nitrous x shoot though, I was looking to upgrade to a true centerline bow, like I have. Was wondering if martin had any models other then their target bow. If not, I am afraid I may have to jump ship even more :{

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    No, the Cat cam isn't like that. My FireCat does have a bit of cam lean, but not severe. Holding an arrow along the side of the cam parallel to the string there is about 1/4" gap at the mid point of the string. Both cams check about the same.

All in all, I'm not going to worry about it as the bow does shoot fine. It's not too many bows these days I can get to fling a bare shaft like it's on a laser.

Frankly I wouldn't mind a slightly smaller dual cam X system with the Cat cam's draw characteristics. Smaller so it would fit my shorter draw length.

I can't comment on the BowTech system, except to say you I'll bet you aren't getting one of them for the price of a Martin.

Post Thanks / Like

OH NO!!!!!!!!!! Don't jump ship just yet. At least wait till you see what they come out with for 2010. And don't take this as a suggestion that something magical is happening because I don't know. I'm just a peon.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

RogerSr

Quote Originally Posted by Kahkon View Post
    Oh, I was just using the bowtech as an example. I have a nitrous x shoot though, I was looking to upgrade to a true centerline bow, like I have. Was wondering if martin had any models other then their target bow. If not, I am afraid I may have to jump ship even more :{
    I agree in some ways,I think that Bowtech center Trac Binary cams are great,
    that is why i own a 2008 Commander, but i also own a lot more Martin's and have for a long time, and will buy more Martin's, I don't call that jumping ship, martin is still the best bow out their for the money, that's one thing i love about this country, we are free to make our own choice's, that's why i served in Vietnam to keep it that way.

Kahkon

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    OH NO!!!!!!!!!! Don't jump ship just yet. At least wait till you see what they come out with for 2010. And don't take this as a suggestion that something magical is happening because I don't know. I'm just a peon.
    Oh, I am set till 2010 lineup...I hope they got something up their sleeve. I own a few different brands. Partial to a true center line though. I don't care how they accomplish it either, shoot though or botechs way.