Thread: Martin Firecat M44 Compound Bow

jhieb

Red face Martin Firecat M44 Compound Bow

Hello,

I bought a brand new Martin Firecat M44 Compound bow in November of 1997. When I bought it I sighted it in and then put it in a box. Its been in the box ever since and I just took it out, tonight. I've never archery hunted before and want to, with my son, this year. Today, I just bought him a new bow.

When I bought the bow I spent about $300 for it. Now, it looks like this bow is only worth $50. It still looks like a good bow to me. What has changed so much? Is this bow still good? If I need to change anything on it what should I change? I would like to use this bow because it still feels brand new to me. Why would I want to sell it or get a new one?

Thanks,
    John

Jack NZ

When you put it in storage you should of let the wheight off a few turns.
    I'd take it to a pro shop an get them to check the string an such,other than that there's nothing wrong with it/them.
    I'd love to have a new/old Firecat,great bows.

Montey Jessey

I'm sure the technology has changed, mainly with the cam systems but I can't imagine there is anything wrong with this bow. Afterall, its a Martin. Get to shoot'n!

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice, Jack and Montey! There is absolutley nothing wrong with that Firecat. Your dealer should probably take a look at the string and cables...but they are all that might require replacment. Otherwise, have fun shooting it. It may be from '97, but it was top-of-the-line in '97!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default martn m-41 firecat

Hello,i have a martin m41 firecat that i recently aquired,i cant seem to be able to find anything out about the bow.Does anybody have any information that they could share about this bow.Thanks
    Last edited by david19078; 02-26-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple M-44's.
    Both shoot just fine!!!!