Thread: Moab question

possum#1

Default Moab question

I have a Moab that has 45 to 60 pound limbs on it.I tightened the limbs all the way down and can only get 55.3 pounds out of them. Is this normal?Is there a problem with my limbs ?Any info would be helpful.Thanks for any help.

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by possum#1 View Post
    I have a Moab that has 45 to 60 pound limbs on it.I tightened the limbs all the way down and can only get 55.3 pounds out of them. Is this normal?Is there a problem with my limbs ?Any info would be helpful.Thanks for any help.
    hi....you might refer to a post from several days back called "Moab poundage not right and flat string". It referred to a situation very similar to yours. you can do a search or page back a half dozen pages or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Check the specs - A2A and BH-if they aren't close to the factory ones this may be the reason for the issue.If so i think that twisting the string may solve the problem.If you are close to the dealer you'd better ask there.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

I know what Alex is saying, but if you want the poundage to go up you do not twist the string. Twisting the string only shortens the draw and lowers poundage. It is usually recommended to twist the cable, but this also increases the draw length. So it depends on what you can live with.

As Alex said, check the specs and see how close they are. If the A2A is long and the brace ehight is low then probably twisting the string and the cable will put more preload on the limbs. To maintain the present draw elngth you'll have to add about 2 twists to the string for every 1 twist in the cable. Before you start any of this draw a line on the left side of the cam along the limb fork for a visual reference of draw length.

If you don't understand this or don't want to taackle it then a trip to your local dealer is the best route to follow.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver