Thread: 09 Cheetah Speeds

Hoosieroutdoorsman

Default 09 Cheetah Speeds

What kind of speeds are you guys getting with your 09 Cheetahs? Draw weight,length,arrow weight? Had a friend who owns several cheetahs back to 06 or 07 and he keeps telling me I should be able to get 310-315 easy out of mine,,its in the 280`s with 30 inch draw at 64 lbs with a 385 grn arrow. Figured his numbers were kind of high.

buckslayr

28.5" draw.68#s 410 gr.arrow,261-265fps.nothing on string.QAD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosieroutdoorsman View Post
    What kind of speeds are you guys getting with your 09 Cheetahs? Draw weight,length,arrow weight? Had a friend who owns several cheetahs back to 06 or 07 and he keeps telling me I should be able to get 310-315 easy out of mine,,its in the 280`s with 30 inch draw at 64 lbs with a 385 grn arrow. Figured his numbers were kind of high.
    Frankly, those are pretty good numbers. The Cheetah of today is not supposed to be a speed bow. Nothing with an MPro or M2Pro is a speed bow. You want speeds like 315 you need to shoot a FireCat or Warthog.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

NewNYBowhunter

Default arrow speeds

Hoosieroutdoorsman, if you drop your arrow weight probably down to around 320-325 gr. you might be able to pick up between 15 to 25 fps

Hoosieroutdoorsman

Thanks, with the smooth draw curve I didn`t figure he was able to get the speeds he was saying, he says with his 08 at 62 lbs with a 28.5 draw and a 330 grn arrow he is shooting 326,,lol. Keeps telling me I need to roll the cam forward 3/8 of an inch and add 4 speed nocks. I figure he is probably shooting under 5 gpp IF he is even getting the speeds he says. I just wanted to see what everyone else was doing, appreciate the input.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, with the smooth draw curve I didn`t figure he was able to get the speeds he was saying, he says with his 08 at 62 lbs with a 28.5 draw and a 330 grn arrow he is shooting 326,,lol. Keeps telling me I need to roll the cam forward 3/8 of an inch and add 4 speed nocks. I figure he is probably shooting under 5 gpp IF he is even getting the speeds he says. I just wanted to see what everyone else was doing, appreciate the input.
    Hoestly, for those kind of numbers he needs to find another chrongraph. If he is getting speed like that then don't stand too close when he shoots, for your own safety.

Sorry, but I've been around a while and know what's possible and what's not.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Hanksv

I'm getting 293 to 296 fps out of my 09 cheetah. I'm shooting it at 70 pounds with the f-5 module (I think that's supposed to be 28"?). My arrows weigh 360 grains. The string has a G5 meta peep, D loop, 2 speed nocks above the cam, and one string leech in the upper string.

Dave308

This would be more like it
    Attached Images Attached Images