Thread: Cat Hybrid-Duo cams

Unregistered

Default Cat Hybrid-Duo cams

Does the Firecat Pro-X require tuning and if so what is required to get it tuned? Also I saw some Martin single cam bows but I like the speed to the Firecat, will 2010 offer a cam and 1/2?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if I'm reading you right. I guess you are asking about syncing the cams The answer is that they do have to be timed together, but it's pretty simple. So simple that I haven't had to do anything with mine since I got it 1 1/2 years ago.

Now if you are asking about TUNING then the answer to this is yes. That is, if your definition of tuning is adjusting the bow to get optimum flight out of your arrows. And this is necessary with any and all bows.

FYI I also have a Moab with the M2Pro cam and I prefer the FireCat. The Moab means an easier draw at a given draw weight, but the Cat gives me the same speed as the Moab, but at 8# less draw weight. And I'm not into pulling hard to get speed.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

hunter1964

Thanks bfisher, you answered my questions. I shot a Martin many years ago I think it was a Cobra and I liked it. I now use a PSE thunderflight that is very outdated and a Mathews DXT. Started shopping for a new one and I like to shoot and let the bow pick me, in other words if it feels right and it works for me that is what I am looking for. I always avoided the dual cam bows due to hearing the tuning can be a nightmare so I always went with solo cam. A few weeks ago I went to a pro shop over here in Lafayette LA and shot a Bengal and really did like it. More recent I shot a friends Moab, loved the feel, had a tight group, very quiet, well balanced. Now the pro shop I went to does not have the pro series, he had only gold series. I will go back and see if he can get the pro series and I hope so because I would like to shoot the Firecat.

Post Thanks / Like

Do yourself a favor and shoot a Warthog too if you are able.
    '09 Warthog, QAD HD, Sword Centurian, Scott Sabretooth

AlienX

i strongley recomened rytera alien x. smooth draw, and no shock a great bow to shoot

hunter1964

Quote Originally Posted by wisecane View Post
    Do yourself a favor and shoot a Warthog too if you are able.
    The only thing I do not like about the Warthog is the Cable guard bar/Cable glide. I had a few glide's break on me.

Post Thanks / Like

Glides? Do you mean the slides themselves? Hey, it does happen, but today's newer teflon slides are pretty reliable.

That being said, I have a Moab with the CCS system on it. I'm still not completely sold on it. My 2008 FireCat has a rod and slide and that's the bow I prefer.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

hunter1964

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Glides? Do you mean the slides themselves? Hey, it does happen, but today's newer teflon slides are pretty reliable.

That being said, I have a Moab with the CCS system on it. I'm still not completely sold on it. My 2008 FireCat has a rod and slide and that's the bow I prefer.
    Thanks for the input.