Thread: FOB's

sgt.pinkerton

Default FOB's

Anyone out there use FOB's that can give me some pointers?

Post Thanks / Like

Do a search on Archery Talk and you'll find lots of info on them. I've just never seen the sense in adding that much weight to the back end of an arrow. Besides, on lots of days groups of more than one arrow inside 40 yards would get very expensive and frustrating replacing them.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

RogerSr

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Do a search on Archery Talk and you'll find lots of info on them. I've just never seen the sense in adding that much weight to the back end of an arrow. Besides, on lots of days groups of more than one arrow inside 40 yards would get very expensive and frustrating replacing them.
    I shoot FOB's for some things,and they only weigh 24.7gr and most vanes weigh that much, so it's not that much weight on the back of the arrow.

davydtune

Of course clearance is key. When you buy a tube they come with a "tester" FOB to check for clearance. Use it! Another thing is if your rest isn't falling fast enough, move the rests pull cord further down the cable. Mine are tied in right at the bottom of the bow grip. This makes the rest fall faster. Other than that I'd go to Archery Talk and PM Paul Morris. He's a great guy and will spend as much time as it takes to help you out.