Thread: Bow Test & Reviews

hunter1964

Question Bow Test & Reviews

I have been doing a lot of research on bows and going to a lot of web sites researching. I notice that in all the bow test none of them had Martin in the line up and I was wondering why? I am ready to let my old outdated PSE Thunderflight down and get a new one. I believe in letting the bow pic me and out of all I tried the Mathews DXT and the PSE Bow Madness XL coming in second. None to the pro shops I went to had Martin. Saw an old friend and shot his MOAB and WOW had a tighter group than all the bows I tried. Now I have to take a little road trip and try out the rest of the Martin's. Martin is such a great bow they should be getting in all the test like bowsite.com's head to head. Still cant get over getting rid of my Martin Cobra for the PSE I now have.

Post Thanks / Like

There are several reasons you don't see that many Martins in shops. For one, the markup isn't as high so dealers don't make as much money on them as they do on "the big 3". Just look at the price difference between them and Martin. In many cases it's as much as $300 for a similar bow. If you were a dealer and could make an extra $150 or so on each sale which would you choose?

Secondly, Martin doesn't spend gazillions on marketing and advertisements so are less well known, even though they've been around for almost 60 years. Some of the other companies spend lots on advertising their "latest and greatest" and the uneducated eat it up. All the hype is incredible.

The same can be said for companies such as Darton and Pearson. Top notch equipment at decent prices, but you don't see as many of them around, so you?

Of course, there are always those that buy with the idea that the more they spend the more they get----at least in their own minds.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

comstox

Wink candid comment

Wow that last comment sounds a lot like our Government!
    "Some of the other companies spend lots on advertising their "latest and greatest" and the uneducated eat it up. All the hype is incredible."

All HYPE no FACTS!

But of course... the simple minded bow in droves... How sad.

There... I'm done. Thank you for your time.
    Glen

hunter1964

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    There are several reasons you don't see that many Martins in shops. For one, the markup isn't as high so dealers don't make as much money on them as they do on "the big 3". Just look at the price difference between them and Martin. In many cases it's as much as $300 for a similar bow. If you were a dealer and could make an extra $150 or so on each sale which would you choose?

Secondly, Martin doesn't spend gazillions on marketing and advertisements so are less well known, even though they've been around for almost 60 years. Some of the other companies spend lots on advertising their "latest and greatest" and the uneducated eat it up. All the hype is incredible.

The same can be said for companies such as Darton and Pearson. Top notch equipment at decent prices, but you don't see as many of them around, so you?

Of course, there are always those that buy with the idea that the more they spend the more they get----at least in their own minds.
    Well put bfisher, Mathews puts a ton of money in advertisement. And I also agree with what you say a lot of people believe the more you pay the better the product. Well I tried a lot of new Bows Hoyt, Mathews, PSE Boetech, Parker... and I made up my mind on going back with Martin. The shop by my house I will go and try all of the gold series and when I take some time off I will go to north Louisiana in Monroe where they have a PRO dealer and try the PRO series. Do you know anything new Martin will be coming out with in 2010???

AlienX

I just went from a 96 Hoyt Smoke to the Alien X from Rytera....WOW very well priced and awsome to shoot. try it you will love it

Post Thanks / Like

Hunter1964,

I haven't got any definite news, but I understand that there will be some shorter draw length bows for 2010. Again, no details though.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

bfisher, any new cam systems?