Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: strings

Unregistered

Question strings

What kind of strings do Martin bows come factory with?

slayer69

Martin makes their own strings, Double Helix strings!!

PLASTIC PAUL

They are some of the better factory strings out right now. I like mine better though .

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Paul.....no doubt, yours Rock!

But allow me to state that Martin Double-Helix strings are made, by Martin, from a proprietary material produced exclusively for us by BCY. We call it Double Helix and it is a special blend of materials that provides performance while eliminating stretch and creep.

PLASTIC PAUL

As much as i like making my own stuff, I have to admitt none of the factory strings have given a bit of trouble and the workmanship has been excellent. The end servings are very tight and neat.

Montey Jessey

I just got these green and gold Stone Mountain strings slapped on my C4 Cougar. I think they are pretty tough!

hans

Default question

Quote Originally Posted by slayer69
    Martin makes their own strings, Double Helix strings!!
    the cables on my 05 shadowcat (I recently bought this bow as nearly unused)are served with a very tiny clear serving,looks a bit like dental flos to me)
    I haven't seen something like this before on a bow.
    is this standart on these helix strings?

PLASTIC PAUL

Not to my knowledge, DBL Helix is something new for 06. It sounds like someone put a custom set on there served with Halo or something similar, is it flat or round ?. I use a very fine serving as well but it is not clear.

hans

Default some pics

Hey Paul,
    maybe the pic can tell you wether its are factory strings or custom build strings.
    I think the end servings are #62 0.021
    the thin serving that is wraped around the cables (not on the string) became clear by the tension of the serv. if I would take it of, i geuss it would be white like dental floss.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hans

Default endservings

endservings
    Attached Images Attached Images