Thread: firecat

kenmontana

Default firecat

i have just got a fire cat and wonder if something is wrong?
    first the serving on the bottom cable where it goes around the cam axle is worn through after only about 200 shots.

second i chronographed the bow and shooting a 410 grain arrow it clocks at 275 fps where i was expecting based on all i can research it should be between 290 and 300 fps.

lastly it is definitely louder and has more hand shock than my old mathews mq1.

i have to wonder if my bow set up by a proshop is somehow not right (see deerhunters.net 5/13/09 dano and the rytera alien) or if i some how have a lemon or what.

i would appreciate any answers or help.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you post a picture of the bottom cam area showing the serving wear. Could be the cable and edge of the module are rubbing together. If so then Martin supposedly has a fix for this. Redesigned cams or modules--I'm not sure. Either way your dealer would have to handle it.

As for the speed? What's the draw weight, draw length of the bow and what all is on the string?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

kenmontana

i think you are right about the cable wear. my pro dealer said he would get a replacement cam from martin. we will see on monday.
    as for speed, i have a 29 inch draw, shoot 65 lbs, a 410 grain arrow and have a tubless sight =6 grains and a loop ?5-10 grains.