Thread: 09 Firecat lower limb split today

tood s

Default 09 Firecat lower limb split today

my 09 Firecat has less than 50 shots out of it. Today i go to shoot it and I hear a click sound. I check the bow out to see what may have caused it, only to discover my lower limb has a crack right up the edge of the bow.. After ONLY 50 SHOTS !!! I got the bow in March and I keep it in a hard padded case.. I'm less than 4 weeks away from the season and now its gonna be back to the drawing board for sighting in and tuning.. I know Martin will fix this but I hope it doesn't take 4 months to do it.. By the way i only have the bow set @ 63# with arrows @ 417gr.... I hope the new limbs are more reliable.....

hunter1964

WOW sorry to hear about this, sucks. I have a friend who has about 12 Martin bows, some from the 90's and he has never had a Martin Limb crack on him. Well like you said Martin will take care of you and good luck.

flnative75

I just had the same thing happen with my Firecat they will take care if I explained my situation about my hunt as well and they were quick to get me back in the saddle 2 day shipping to Florida from Washington state? great response

tood s

took my bow to the dealer today... I hope its a quick turn around.... I think Martin sends limbs to the dealer and not the dealer sending the bow to them..

Post Thanks / Like

My dealer just got the limbs under RA, or replacement and i got the bow back in a week, and i did not have to re-tune the bow

Post Thanks / Like

tood,

I'm from Pa. so can tell you that if Martin gets the limbs out right away it'll be about a week till they get to your dealer. They have no way of pushing UPS any faster than UPS will go. One week is the normal shipping time for anything I have ordered.

Wish ya luck in hunting season, dude.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver