Thread: Too much let-off!

Unregistered

Default Too much let-off!

I have a buddy who has a 2009 Warthag and the thing has almost 90% let-off. The big problem is it has basically no back tension resistence. Does anyone have a good reason why this is happening. I'm thinking he may have to shorten draw module and almost pull past wall on cam against the draw stop button to create more back pressure. Anyone else have any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

You just hit the nail on the head. Except he needs to lengthen the module by at least one hole space and then position the draw stop to his desired draw length.

tvs

Angry to must let-off

i'm the buddy and have 30 inch draw this put me on 8 moduler . i think the cam will not take long draw because i had same thing go wrong with firecat. using the draw stop to increse holding wrieght should cause timing issure

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tvs View Post
    i'm the buddy and have 30 inch draw this put me on 8 moduler . i think the cam will not take long draw because i had same thing go wrong with firecat. using the draw stop to increse holding wrieght should cause timing issure
    It won't. Just position the mods, time it, then set the draw stop.

tvs

Default to must letoff

holding wt. at full draw is 3.5 lbs. with 60 lbs of pull . I have had to pry cam to start the release.I think the cams are rounding over to far and locking or bearing have flat spots ,maybe bend axles.but using the stop to cretate a false valley is a bandage not a fix

bubbacrabb

Cant you just have your pro shop take a look at it? Or could'nt customer service do something for you? Sorry I have no idea how to fix em, just shoot em, and I have a 30 in draw and was interested in firecat. So this problem makes me curious if I would have such a problem. Keep us posted on what happens

tvs

Default to must letoff

i,m the dealer and no help from factory my draw llength is 31 with d-loop. no issures at 30 inch draw with firecat or warthog at your draw. you will need a d-loop

davydtune

Actually the Cat Cams really are not a very good option for someone with a long draw. Seems that they work best at 29" and shorter, after that they do seem to roll over to far. Also I really don not like the gap that's in between the module and cable track, on the cam, with the long mods.

Just another reason for Martin to bring back the Nitrous cam.

bubbacrabb

Hey bud, thanks, so if my draw is to long for the cat cam, and Im sorry i probably sound stupid, it would be the same thing with the Alien right? Maybe I should just stick to my Moab and not worry about it, sorry you guys are having trouble. Hopefully Martin does something to help us big fella's. I woulda thought that they would of made a 30 in draw perfect though, cause i know a lot of guys that have a 30 in draw. Im pretty confused now, but I dont shoot a loop, it feels odd to me. I know they make you more accurate so I hear, but I just dont really like them.
    Last edited by bubbacrabb; 09-15-2009 at 05:24 PM.

davydtune

I'm not familiar with the Alien X cams so I can't comment on those. The CAT cams can certainly be shot at long draws but from the reports I've read they do much better with the shorter mods over the long mods. What may help is set the long draw mods to 31" draw and then back the draw stop back so you are drawing 30". That should bump the letoff back some.