Thread: new to forum...09 Cheetah question

AdamA

Default new to forum...09 Cheetah question

hey guys, just got a new Martin Cheetah with STS/CCS.....very nice shooting bow. like some of you I've noticed some string serving issues. Don't suppose there is anyone in the Columbus Ohio area who can help me tune the bow? I had a Mathews Outback and use to send it out of state to get work done. I just don't trust the guys at the shops around here, they don't know to much. I read that it's possible to take the string off or twist the cable or string without having a bow press....is that true? If so are there any right-ups on this forum. I plan on getting a new string/cable before next hunting season so I'd like to hear what a good string would be.

Anyways, nice to be on the forum and look forward to learning about my new Martin bow. If anyone knows of a good place to find cable, idler, string specs please let me know....I'd like to be able to do all my own work in the future, just need the information.

-Adam

Post Thanks / Like

All the information concerning the string and so on is written on the sticker at the lower limb.

There are plenty of good stringmakers in the US (e.g. Bucknasty, VaporTrail, WinnersChoice, Inferno, and so on). Just have a look at any of their pages and choose yourself.

It is right that you can change string and cable without using a bowpress. You will find a good video about that if you search for "LeEarl" at youtube.com.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL