Thread: 09 firecat drawlength

speedyropp

Default 09 firecat drawlength

It seems that at the end of my draw, there is not enough let off. It seems that I am holding a lot of weight and if I let it creep forward at all, it "grabs" and pulls. I am wondering if I should knock of 1/2" in my draw in the cams, and readjust the draw stop as needed to make the actual length the same as I am drawing now, but the cam length the 1/2 shorter. Any thoughts...

davydtune

You can increase the let off by shortening your draw on the adjusting mods and then moving the draw stop to take the draw length back to where you started. This will still give your the same physical draw length but it will change the rotation of the cams giving you more let off.

speedyropp

thanks. That is what I was thinking but I am not the most mechanically inclined person so I wanted to hear it from someone else.

RogerSr

Or you can just adjust your draw stop, it sounds like your draw stop is not adjusted correctly.

speedyropp

Thanks....I backed it off one setting (from 7 to 6) on cams, and moved the draw stop. I had to move it to the farthest possible spot, but what a big difference it made. I loved my bow before, now it is even better. Thanks

davydtune

Glad you got it were you like it.