Thread: Will Nitrous B can lower poundage

Hybrid View

etmerlin

Question Will Nitrous B can lower poundage

Hi my daughter was given a Martin Cougar ii with Flury cams. She is 16 and the poundage is 40 to 50 on a 4h elite limb. I have been told that a set of Nitrous B cams will lower the poundage to below 40 pound as well assist her with smoother poundage. Can any one help me

PLASTIC PAUL

I am gladd she has such anice bow to shoot. I will do some thinking on this one. What is her draw length? I believe she will be better off with a set of A cams but I will know more once i know her draw length. Actually I am sure it is the A cams. Go with the X system and i will help out with strings.

etmerlin

Quote Originally Posted by PLASTIC PAUL
    I am gladd she has such anice bow to shoot. I will do some thinking on this one. What is her draw length? I believe she will be better off with a set of A cams but I will know more once i know her draw length. Actually I am sure it is the A cams. Go with the X system and i will help out with strings.
    Her Draw lenght is 27.5. She is a beginner having just converted from standard bow to compound. The bow is currently turned right down to its minimum but she still finds it very hard to draw as the flury cams has a very small vallei. She has also shot a browning with the same poundage and finds that easy to draw. The dealer has a second hand recommended the cams and stated that this will lower the poundage to below thr 40 pound mark.

Thanks for the rely

Mr Mnemonic

I would tend to agree with what you have been told.
    If your daughters bow is a Couger 2000 Elite with Fury cams, then fitting Nitrous B cams should give a draw length range of about 27"- 30".
    Nitrous A cams will give around 25"-28"
    SO with a draw length of 27.5" you could use either cam.

Drawing is definatley smoother with the Nitrous cam, but I have no idea what sort of poundage reduction you would get with either cam, though I would expect some.

I got my figures through comparisons with other bows, so I can't promise anything.

My best advise would be to ring Martin on the number provided elsewhere on this website, and speak to a friendly Tech.

etmerlin

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mnemonic
    I would tend to agree with what you have been told.
    If your daughters bow is a Couger 2000 Elite with Fury cams, then fitting Nitrous B cams should give a draw length range of about 27"- 30".
    Nitrous A cams will give around 25"-28"
    SO with a draw length of 27.5" you could use either cam.

Drawing is definatley smoother with the Nitrous cam, but I have no idea what sort of poundage reduction you would get with either cam, though I would expect some.

I got my figures through comparisons with other bows, so I can't promise anything.

My best advise would be to ring Martin on the number provided elsewhere on this website, and speak to a friendly Tech.
    Thanks

Will do so. I must say I am highly impressed with the help and assistance provided on this web site. I shoot a merlin max 3000 but it seems I will have to change in future to ensure the great assistance I have been getting from Martin members.