Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ccs?

aquaboss

Default ccs?

I'm really having a hard time debating on whether to put a ccs on my 09 Bengal.
    Already threw an sts on it. Is it worth it? How about some opinions?

jbowers12

Wink

I would probably try it out. Im going to get one for mine some time to try it out. Some times my carbon cable rod likes to pop and crackle at almost full draw. I dont like this. At higher poundage the sounds go away. But, on lower poundage its worse??

I dont know. As long as it shoots good i guess. I got it chrode yesterday.
    At 70#= 278 fps dupli
    At 64#= 260 fps average

Thats with a 366 grain arrow and my draw length is 29. I shot my 402g hunting arrow through it and come up with 268fps at 70 pound and 261 At 67 pound.

If you do get the ccs you might have to serve the cable and string were it goes through the wheels of the ccs and were the sts hits the string. Iv seen most people already have trouble if they dont do this.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

i got a 2009 moab,they come with the ccs, i love it ,it is a lot quiter than my 08 moab and 08 bengal . i wish i could put them on the other 2 bows.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

flytier17

I'd leave it. I don't like the stress caused by a fixed cable point. It is too hard on the system. I'd always go for a cable guard personally. It will be just as quiet, if not more so.

Alec

vwpittman

I would try it. You will gain poundage and speed, but lose a little letoff. I've also heard roller guards are quieter than cable guards. I don't think Martin would have offered it on their bows if it were to cause any issues with added stress. If it would fit an 07 Slayer, I would try one. I don't think you would have a problem selling it if you didn't like it.

Post Thanks / Like

i have the 09 Bengal as well. I installed the CCS and STS systems too. What i found in my case was the CCS added an extra 15lbs draw weight, i backed it off to 70# and shot 101 shots before the bottom riser BROKE! Called Martin (Joel) and found you have to install different risers to use the CCS system. They replaced and now its good to go. I did have serving installed on the cables where it rolls through the wheels as well. Its very accurate, smooth and the let off point is no problem.

I do notice i have cam lean going on, how do i fix that???? Also, install STS with 1/16" from string to rubber pad for best performance.

Happy Hunting!

Post Thanks / Like

After installing CCS i had it chrono'd, 70# 29" 402g 4" vanes hunt arrow was 294fps, blazers were 302fps!!! fast enough in my book

09 Bengal
    HHA 3000 SP
    G5 Expert 2 drop away
    wildman quiver
    D loop
    G5 peep
    SIMS dampeners

flytier17

For cam lean, a cable guard is also preferred. You can adjust a cable guard for minimum clearence, but not a CCS.

Alec

jbowers12

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Martin4life View Post
    After installing CCS i had it chrono'd, 70# 29" 402g 4" vanes hunt arrow was 294fps, blazers were 302fps!!! fast enough in my book

09 Bengal
    HHA 3000 SP
    G5 Expert 2 drop away
    wildman quiver
    D loop
    G5 peep
    SIMS dampeners
    How did you get that? I cant get but 274-278 with mine set at the same DL and DW as yours using a 366 grain arrow with a dropaway arrow rest. I dont have but about 16 grains altogether on the string. No peep tubing also.

But i dont have the ccs or the sts installed. But i dont think that would make much a difference on speed. unless the ccs puts more force or something.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine was around the 275 mark before i installed the ccs, i also had to have different limbs installed though, not risers as i previously stated. That has to be what caused the performance gain.