Thread: Robin Hood shots

jpermenter

Default Robin Hood shots

I saw a post in the tech forum of a pic of an arrow through a cork so i thought i would start a thread for everyone to post their robin hood shot pics, I wll start it off with the only actual robin hood I have had, I was at Bass Pro in Tulsa shooting and got this one, best part it was with a couple of their arrows so it didnt cost me anything and they let me keep the arrows.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

HEAAAY!! i can put one up from just the other day, my first in over 20 years(i just started shooting again 2 weeks ago.lol.)

SandSquid

Ive been shooting since 1982 and never gotten a "true" Robin-Hood . Lots of busted nocks and split/damaged shafts but nothing that "stuck together"
    until this week.

Monday I had to rebuild the shoot string on my P3/Elite/Nitrous-X I found some split and one broken strand in the bundle while waxing.

Tuesday, I was "shooting in" a new string I built, at 10 yards and really clacking them together so I decided I better move out to 20 before I ruin any arrows.

Adjust my sight, first shot at 20 is a dead spider, Second shot clang, Robin-Hood!

The owner of the shop yells, "I think your string is fine!"

So, today I decided it's time to start shooting my (super-thin) Victory NanoForce arrows since that's what I'll be competing with this season. These are exactly "low dollar" arrows, even with being on Staff for Victory. I also decided to shoot pin-nocks and bushing just for the added protection bushings offer from Robin-Hoods... one arrow, adjust sight up, another arrow adjust sight a bit more up, hit the 5 ring, adjust a bit up more and break the X ring line, 3 more clicks and I'm solid in the X, last arrow goes "clack" into the previous one in the X, and I hear something plastic bounce off the opposing side walls of the range. Brand new Soma Pin nock, just shot for the first time ever, gone. Brand new pin bushing, just shot for the first time ever, destroyed. Brand new, just shot for the first time ever, Victory NanoForce arrow saved by the pin bushing!

I really think I need to start shooting 5 spots again.
    Last edited by SandSquid; 11-26-2009 at 07:15 PM.

SandSquid

Default Mrs. Squid's

Done last year with her (left handed) ShadowCat/Elite/Nitrous-x

Post Thanks / Like

heres a "close but no cigar"LOL

JT38off

nice pics guys, ive came real close but no cigar yet. i keep tellin myself if i get one ill never shoot at the same circle twice in a row again, arrows are tooooo expensive..

Post Thanks / Like

Well I can finally add to this.............just put new Winners Choice strings on my '09 Martin Bengal and was re-tuning.....and got a lucky shot.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

i was out shooing the alien X today at 25 yards and i heard that funny sound, woohoo!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great shot ... and hat
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

software

Nice pictures you got there bud