Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 Cheetah Tuning Problems

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod26 View Post
    I believe that your spine is in fact wrong. You should be shooting an arrow with a 340 spine.
    That's my guess, too. Before going out and buying arrows though, try turning the bow down two turns and shoot through paper again. If the tear improves at least you're on the right track.

Oh, yeah, check for cam lean and correct it too, if need be.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

riesopje

If I turn it down two turns, at about what poundage will I be shooting. If this does fix the problem does that mean if I turn it back up and get 340 spine arrows it will be ok provided I check for cam lean? Thanks so much for your help, this is extremely helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Whether you turn it down or not you should still correct for cam lean if your bow has it. Taking two turns off the limbs will drop the bow about 6#. If your arrow tuning gets better by doing this at least you will have an idea that your arrows are underspined.

At this point you have two choices. Spend another $100 for new arrows in a 340 spine or shoot the bow at about 65# with your present arrows. I've always gone with the second choice because it doesn't cost any more and is easier on the body over the long haul. Ain't no critter gonna know the difference.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

jpermenter

Im going to jump in on this one too, I am currently at about 73# at 28" draw, I shoot a 400 spine arrow (gold tip 5575) right now, for hunting purposes I would like to drop probably 6-9 pounds of draw weight, is the 400 spine arrow going to be ok at the lower draw weight?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpermenter View Post
    Im going to jump in on this one too, I am currently at about 73# at 28" draw, I shoot a 400 spine arrow (gold tip 5575) right now, for hunting purposes I would like to drop probably 6-9 pounds of draw weight, is the 400 spine arrow going to be ok at the lower draw weight?
    Absolutely. In fact, maybe your 5575's fly Ok now, but in most cases I'd recommend a 340 spine for your specs.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

riesopje

I turned my bow down one turn and the problem corrected itself. I agree, I'll take the cheaper road and shoot a little lighter poundage with the same arrows. Thanks so much for your help, I learned a ton.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riesopje View Post
    I turned my bow down one turn and the problem corrected itself. I agree, I'll take the cheaper road and shoot a little lighter poundage with the same arrows. Thanks so much for your help, I learned a ton.
    Glad it worked. And FYI there is tons more to learn. Maybe if you're like me the more I learn the more I want to learn. And most of the stuff you learn helps with any bow you get at a later date. Basically they're all the same when it comes to tuning and such.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver