Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dented top cam

AdamA

Default Dented top cam

I had my bow out looking at it this evening and noticed that the top cam has a dent in it. It's about 1 1/2" long and NOT from an impact, the bow has never been dropped. I bought the bow new a few months ago but never got around to shooting it until last weekend. On the inside of the came where the string is it looks like someone took a file to it....very weird. If I could figure out how to post some pics I will. It just doesn't make any sense. With less than 10 days until bow season I'm not really keen on sending it back to Martin. Which brings me to my next question....do you send the bow directly to Martin or to the store you bought it?

buckshot20

Call customer service tomorrow and ask them what to do. If you have a dealer close by they will probably tell you to go there. Good luck I'm going through a similar problem. Hopefully I will get mine back before the season. Cross your fingers

AdamA

I just sent them an email but will call them tomorrow so I can talk to someone and hopefully get an email address so I can send these pictures to. The dealer I purchased from is almost 2 hours away from me and I doubt he's set up to do the repair but I'll call him also to find out. Like I said, I rather have the cam and do it myself. I think after shooting it the yellow wore off the string and made it more noticeable because I sure didn't notice it before. Last weekend was really the first time I've shot the bow.

On the other hand, I may take some sand paper and sand it down a little and use it this season.....we'll see.

Dave308

It would only take 10 minutes to put a new one on. Maybe they can just ship it to you.

Coop

Default With that major dent..

I would check to see if the whole cam is bent and/or axle... Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

From these pictures i can say that this is a dead cam Don't shoot it and don't try to repair it - it's useless.If Martin send you a new one you can change it. There's a good "how to" video in YouTube from LeArl or something like that -when you search for Martin bows you'll find it.(If you can't i'll give you a link) Good luck!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    LeArl
    LeEarl.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

oktx

The idler on my 08 Moab was bent during shipping. I called them and they shipped a new one directly to me. I had it on in about 10 minutes.

AdamA

i called the dealer I purchased it from and he's suppose to get back with me, he's going to have them ship me a new idler wheel.

any advice when changing it out?

AdamA

I just watched the LeEarl video and do any of you have any tips for cam timing? Is there a way to mark things so all is well when the bow is reassembled?

Any help would be much appreciated