Thread: cable guard

korkskru

Default cable guard

bought a brand new saber, love it. but my cable guard is just to close to my fletching and rubs just ever so much. loosend the set screws and tried to turn it. its not budging. didnt know how to get it to move. i have all ready skinned it up. should i move my rest and sites over for clearance? a bit of help would be appreciated. my first martin, and will probably be a fan for a long time. thanks brian

tood s

cable guards have grooves on the end that go into the riser. You have to pull it out of the riser then turn it to get the clearance that you need. Remmember not to turn it too far, just enough to clear your vanes

korkskru

are they hammered in, this thing is super tight, trying to pull straight out. wont budge. i hope everything else stays this tight and has a snug fit. brian

Post Thanks / Like

On some models the cable rod is glued so don't use force.You'd better go to a pro-shop.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Coop

Default Hi,

Are you sure you unscrewed the allen screws(2ea) enough, you can actually take them all the way out. Might try that.. my cable guard just about falls out when I loosen the allen screws, but, I have a Sceptor risor, so it might be different. If they glued it, than I wouldn't know how to rotate it and/or take it out. Kinda' defeats the purpose to adjust the cable guard if glued.

Good luck to ya',
    Coop

korkskru

fixed. put my ripcord on it. it gave me quite a bit more clearance. i had an nap easy tune, and wore the brushes out on it pretty bad, no more than i shot it. but its fixed, thanks all who offered advice. brian