Thread: 08 firecat limb cracked

fantarain

Default 08 firecat limb cracked

I was checking my 08 firecat today and found that there is a crack on the bottom limb on the joint part. I can feel the surface popped up on the side of the limb. It doesn't look like just the paint crack. I can see some color of the inside material. The crack looks small right now, but could become a weak spot to break later. I am afraid to shoot it any more right now and need some help to confirm the problem and replace the limb for me. The early hunting season already begun here. I really can't afford any delay. Thanks very much!

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like a serious crack.You must go to your dealer or call Martin.Good luck!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

hunter1964

That does not look good, I would not use it. I would send it back to Martin have the Limbs replace and hopefully they can figure out why this is happening. My friends brand new 09 Wildcat has a crack in the limb and problems with the CCS and he has barely shot it, he will be shipping it back to them. He also bought a 09 MOAB that he has shot a lot and has had no limb problems or CCS problems.