Thread: Cam comparaison

crag

Default Cam comparaison

All things being equal, DL & DW, will I get more speed out of a nitrous A with regular mods or a B with mini-mods?

also at the same draw weight, 50-55#, is there a noticabel difference in the draw cycle between the 2?

Post Thanks / Like

In my eyes the A-Cam might be a bit softer than the B-Cam. Also the B-Cam with Mini-Mods might deliver a tad more of energy as the A-Cam. But remember that a larger cam will need a higher deflection number on your limb.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crag View Post
    All things being equal, DL & DW, will I get more speed out of a nitrous A with regular mods or a B with mini-mods?

also at the same draw weight, 50-55#, is there a noticabel difference in the draw cycle between the 2?
    In my experience the B cam will draw easier at the same draw weight, but Simon is right about one thing. If you presently have A cams, putting B cams on will definitely drop the weight range the limbs are capable of.

That being said I do think that the B cams are the more efficient (faster) of the three sizes and adding mini-mods to get you in the upper end of the cams draw cycle helps with performance over standard mods.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

crag

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    In my experience the B cam will draw easier at the same draw weight, but Simon is right about one thing. If you presently have A cams, putting B cams on will definitely drop the weight range the limbs are capable of.

That being said I do think that the B cams are the more efficient (faster) of the three sizes and adding mini-mods to get you in the upper end of the cams draw cycle helps with performance over standard mods.
    Thank you.
    I currently have B cams, but I am in the last hole of the module and i am close to the DW I am looking for. But my mods are the HL and I do not have enough holding weight, so I need to find some mini-mods. was considering buying some A cams or getting a string to shoot my furious.
    heard that if I move to the top end of the mods I will gain some DW, is this correct?

anyone have a set of 65% X mini-mods they would like to sell/trade?

Post Thanks / Like

When you say you are on the last hole for draw length do you mean the short side? If so then you'd definitely gain something with mini-mods. They shorten the DL range by 2". However, if you are looking for more holding weight you might want to consider 65% mods----if you can find them. I honestly don't know if they ever made 65% mini-mods but that would probably be a better option.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

crag

Barry,
    I am in the last hole to the short side of the regular mods.
    I had found one person who had a partial set of the 65% mini mods and that is what I am trying to locate. if I cannot find them I may buy the A cams and bump up my DW a few #'s to get to where I want to be.

have you set up the S4 mag yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, I had the pleasure of owning an S4 two years ago and the unpleasant experience of losing so much muscle that I could not draw the bow even at 40#. Therefore I sold it without ever having shot an arrow out of it.

It's a long story and I'm recovering nicely.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver