Thread: recovered stolen bow-central Ohio

speedyropp

Default recovered stolen bow-central Ohio

Columbus Ohio Police Dept has recovered what they believe to be a stolen Martin Cougar III Magnum (see attached Photos). They have been unable to determine who the owner is. Please contact me if you know of anyone who has had there bow stolen in central ohio. Also, two OLD shotguns were recovered too.

Det Douglas M Ropp
    937-645-1054
    dropp@marysvilleohio.org
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Did you post that on Archerytalk, too?

As this cablespreader is a custom thing the original owner might recognize it.

Anyway a great thing to hear about.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

speedyropp

i did not, but I will. Thanks for the idea...I should have thought of it since I am a member. I just tend to "hang with the Martin folks"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in this forum from about a year and don't remember anybody complaining about a stolen bow.It'll be hard to find the owner and i guess even harder for him to prove it....Just curious, what's the procedure in such cases? Going to an auction or is destroyed?
    P.S. If someone steal my MOAB i'll be devastated, hope you give the "bad guy" a hard time.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

RogerSr

What you believe is a stolen bow? you don't know were or when or who is was stolen from, so how do you know it is stolen,you just don't think the guy that had it should have it?

speedyropp

CPD recovered from an individual who is a known burglar and has been burglarizing residences in the central ohio area. It is not uncommon to recover something that you know is stolen, but have a hard time finding what agency has the report. The item can be entered in a national database of stolen items, but if the victim did not have the ser#, it cannot be entered. Plus, within a 50 mi radius of columbus, there are probably 40 different LE agencies.