Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing Drawlength

Scattergun2570

Default Changing Drawlength

Is it difficult for a person who has no experience in this?

Post Thanks / Like

Depends from the bow model, but the answer is NO - just change the module.If you tell us what's the bow, a more detailed explanation can be given.I can tell only about the M-pro cams, but there are more experienced Martin owners here who know all the cams
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Scattergun2570

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Depends from the bow model, but the answer is NO - just change the module.If you tell us what's the bow, a more detailed explanation can be given.I can tell only about the M-pro cams, but there are more experienced Martin owners here who know all the cams
    The Bengal

RogerSr

You just remove the two screws that hold the module on the cam,change to the module you want, put the screws back in and your there.

Scattergun2570

Quote Originally Posted by RogerSr View Post
    You just remove the two screws that hold the module on the cam,change to the module you want, put the screws back in and your there.
    Really,,that simple?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah! It is really that simple! So now you have to go and buy one. And because it is so simple you might also buy a second and a third one. Just kidding.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Scattergun2570

Ive never had a bow before,want to deer hunt with a bow. I`ve checked out Hoyt`s,PSE`s,Bowtechs..Matthews...So far, the Bengal is the one I like the best. It`s confusing getting a million opinions and specs thrown at you,not exactly knowing if any of it makes one bit of difference. I just want something that is accurate,and doesn`t vibrate so much on the shot.From what I can tell from talking and reading in the forums,all bow makers make good bows these days. It seems to me that I should just go with the one that feels best to me,,am I wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scattergun2570 View Post
    Ive never had a bow before,want to deer hunt with a bow. I`ve checked out Hoyt`s,PSE`s,Bowtechs..Matthews...So far, the Bengal is the one I like the best. It`s confusing getting a million opinions and specs thrown at you,not exactly knowing if any of it makes one bit of difference. I just want something that is accurate,and doesn`t vibrate so much on the shot.From what I can tell from talking and reading in the forums,all bow makers make good bows these days. It seems to me that I should just go with the one that feels best to me,,am I wrong?
    Well said.Try some bows and buy the one you like the most. But keep in mind that Martin bows are very good and better priced then the others.While searching have a look (and touch) at the MOAB -i think you won't regret it if you prefer it to the Bengal.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you do not want to start to bowhunt THIS season? Archery needs some training and to kill an animal with a bow you need some kind of reliable skills.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Dave308

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    Oh yeah! It is really that simple! So now you have to go and buy one. And because it is so simple you might also buy a second and a third one. Just kidding.

Thats what I did