Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing Drawlength

jpermenter

Scattergun

I shoot with a couple guys that have bowtechs and both like my cheetah just as much as their bowtechs. My cheetah cost half of what their bows cost and I can out shoot them out to about 65 yards. I think for the price and quality I will never buy anything but a Martin. For me it is about accuracy and speed, My cheetah shoots 278 fps and the bowtechs guys i shoot with are at 277 and 278 fps. Again for half the price i will stick with my equipment. Hope you enjoy your bow no matter what you choose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave308 View Post
    Thats what I did
    Oh, me too. Just waiting for the third one.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Scattergun2570

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    I hope you do not want to start to bowhunt THIS season? Archery needs some training and to kill an animal with a bow you need some kind of reliable skills.
    Probably not,,but I have been shooting my friends bow who is the same drawlength as I am for a month or so. I have no trouble putting 5 arrows in the boiler room at the range.

Scattergun2570

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Well said.Try some bows and buy the one you like the most. But keep in mind that Martin bows are very good and better priced then the others.While searching have a look (and touch) at the MOAB -i think you won't regret it if you prefer it to the Bengal.
    From what I can tell from the specs..the only differences I see is that the axle to axle length is 1/4in longer on the MOAB. And the Brace height a bit larger on the MOAB. What are the other differences?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scattergun2570 View Post
    From what I can tell from the specs..the only differences I see is that the axle to axle length is 1/4in longer on the MOAB. And the Brace height a bit larger on the MOAB. What are the other differences?
    Well, as far as i know there's also a difference in the angle of the limbs and may be the strings - the Pro bows have better ones.On 2009 model there's also CCS and STS.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Scattergun2570

Well, as far as i know there's also a difference in the angle of the limbs and may be the strings - the Pro bows have better ones.On 2009 model there's also CCS and STS.
    So does this make the MOAB shoot better,is it a better bow in general?

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't shot the Bengal, but have read posts here saying the MOAB is smoother bow and i really like mine. I can only suggest to try them both and find which one suits you better Good luck!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Scattergun2570

I haven't shot the Bengal, but have read posts here saying the MOAB is smoother bow and i really like mine. I can only suggest to try them both and find which one suits you better Good luck!

Yeah well that`s the trouble here in NY,dealers don`t set up a bow for people to try out. These guys expect you to somehow just know if your`e going to like it after you buy it.

The way I got to shoot the Bengal and a few other brands was asking people who I didn`t even know, to shoot their bow. Fortunately,all of them said yes,but I don`t think I am going to run into anyone shooting a MOAB at the ranges I frequent. Lots of Matthews and Hoyt`s with some Bowtechs mixed in.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah well that`s the trouble here in NY,dealers don`t set up a bow for people to try out. These guys expect you to somehow just know if your`e going to like it after you buy it.

The way I got to shoot the Bengal and a few other brands was asking people who I didn`t even know, to shoot their bow. Fortunately,all of them said yes,but I don`t think I am going to run into anyone shooting a MOAB at the ranges I frequent. Lots of Matthews and Hoyt`s with some Bowtechs mixed in.
    More money than brains?? Follow the leader instead of being one, maybe?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

That's what i did when bought my MOAB, but luckily it is a hell of a bow and for almost a year it has caused no problems. My advice is to take the risk-don't know what's the difference in price, but it can't be very big.