Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scepter 3 elite specs question

Post Thanks / Like

One of the best investments you will ever make, is to buy one of those portable cable bow presses. Then you wont need to go to the Bow Shop every time you want to install a different peep or change strings and cables.

Robert
    May All Of Your Arrows Find The Bulls Eye-MSMFSL
    NRA Life Member
    NFAA Member
    Martin Proud
    Scepter IV Elite w/Furious X Cams

kwilliams

Default Current specs

Looks like I'm all set. The cables and string look like they're about the right length. The brace height is still 8", but the draw weight is now 44 pounds with the 4H limbs and A cams, with the bolts 3 turns out from all the way in. That means my bow, with 4H limbs will peak out at around 50 pounds with the bolts all the way in, right?

The problem was with the previous shop's scale - it wasn't reading right.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear everything is alright. I knew there was no way your bow could be pulling 53 lbs. with the limb bolts backed out that far.

Robert
    May All Of Your Arrows Find The Bulls Eye-MSMFSL
    NRA Life Member
    NFAA Member
    Martin Proud
    Scepter IV Elite w/Furious X Cams

RogerSr

Quote Originally Posted by kwilliams View Post
    Looks like I'm all set. The cables and string look like they're about the right length. The brace height is still 8", but the draw weight is now 44 pounds with the 4H limbs and A cams, with the bolts 3 turns out from all the way in. That means my bow, with 4H limbs will peak out at around 50 pounds with the bolts all the way in, right?

The problem was with the previous shop's scale - it wasn't reading right.
    On Martin bow's for every full turn of the limb bolt it is 3lbs of weight, so if you are 3 turns out at 44lbs add 9lbs to that, and they will max out at about 53lbs, and that is what i get from most of my 50lbs bow's.