Thread: CCS on an 09 Bengal?

hunt123

Default CCS on an 09 Bengal?

I noticed that the CCS can be added to an 09 Bengal. My question is: what benefit would I see if I made that switch from the regular cable slide? Gain FPS? Anything else?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you'll make a stringmaker happy and richer
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

hunt123

Just kidding, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, yes...but i'm not sure the CCS is so good,there are a lot of complains about it in this forum.If something is simple and works fine like the good old cable slide don't touch it. Yesterday i've read about an american maxim which i liked a lot - KISS
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

hunt123

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Well, yes...but i'm not sure the CCS is so good,there are a lot of complains about it in this forum.If something is simple and works fine like the good old cable slide don't touch it. Yesterday i've read about an american maxim which i liked a lot - KISS
    Ah..good advice. I'll leave it the way it is.

Hoosieroutdoorsman

I have been looking at the CCS, it appears that it is about 1/2 shorter than it should be. I would say it wouldn`t be a bad add on but with it shorter than it should be its actually pulling the limb tips back towards the riser rather than straight down. You would have to make double sure you don`t have any cam lean or idler lean, it could cause the limb forks to crack during draw.

drevilmike77

I have the CSS on my 09 Bengal and I havent had any problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Using a CSS will increase your drawweight, your draw length and the tension that is on the limbs. ALso you will not be able to correct cam or limb lean this easy....

I just cannot recommend it.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL