Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: martin bengal m pro cams are they timeable?

stuntmanstunter

Default martin bengal m pro cams are they timeable?

the archery shop i have been taking my bow to is wondering if the m pro cam has timing marks. he seems to think that my bow maybe out of time. no matter where i move my arrow notch or my arrow rest i continue to get fletching marks on the dropaway rest. i have turned my arrows every way turnable to try to clear and still nothing. i also am wondering if there is anyway i can send the bow to martin for them to check it and tell me if there is a problem with the bow. i have taken it to 2 bow shops and they are baffled. i dont want to spend no more money on arrow rest cause i had a bow doodle on it and that was worse than the dropaway.

Hoosieroutdoorsman

Your bow isn`t out of time, for 1 a solocam doesn`t really have a timing. If your string and cable lengths are correct and your draw length is correct and the poundage and brace height all match up to factory specs then your cam is set up correctly. You are using a drop away rest? Where is the cord hooked? Your rest is what is out of time, the drop cord should be hooked to your buss cable to activate the rest, sounds to me like your rest isn`t dropping out of the way quick enough and the fletchings are hitting it.

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanstunter View Post
    the archery shop i have been taking my bow to is wondering if the m pro cam has timing marks. he seems to think that my bow maybe out of time. no matter where i move my arrow notch or my arrow rest i continue to get fletching marks on the dropaway rest. i have turned my arrows every way turnable to try to clear and still nothing. i also am wondering if there is anyway i can send the bow to martin for them to check it and tell me if there is a problem with the bow. i have taken it to 2 bow shops and they are baffled. i dont want to spend no more money on arrow rest cause i had a bow doodle on it and that was worse than the dropaway.
    with the 08 mpro cam you need to have aprox. 3/8 to 1/2" of groove showing under the string to have it set to where it is most efficient.

Any way you could post some pictures?

That whole thing is just wierd. it has to be something simple. I have "0" problems with vane clearance even with Blazers with my 08 bengal!

stuntmanstunter

Default vane problems continued

i have a little over 3/8 inch from the start of the grove to where the string hides it. i used to shoot 2 inch blazers but the archery man put lower profile vanes on the arrows to help the clearence of the vanes. i am going to try and post pics. i really appreciate all the help. season opens in a week for me and i just trying to get the problem solved. i also have a question for you brushrat what exactly kind of drop away are you using? ill give one of them a try.

brushrat

i have a little over 3/8 inch from the start of the grove to where the string hides it. i used to shoot 2 inch blazers but the archery man put lower profile vanes on the arrows to help the clearence of the vanes. i am going to try and post pics. i really appreciate all the help. season opens in a week for me and i just trying to get the problem solved. i also have a question for you brushrat what exactly kind of drop away are you using? ill give one of them a try.
    sounds like your cam is set right where it should be....there can be nothing else wrong there. It sounds to me like the rest ,in the "up" position is just not set high enough from the top of the shelf for the vanes to pass properly. Either that or the arrow rest you have is dropping too fast. If you have a low knock point that would drive the back of the arrow into the shelf.

I have a "NAP Smartrest", it is all micro adjust + has adj. drop speed. I works well for me. There are lots of good dropaways out there that would work just fine on that bow. The QAD that you have , i don't know anything about....never had one. And it may be just fine with a little more tweaking.

stuntmanstunter

Default brushrat

i have fooled with it my self and 2 bow shops have, trying to figure out why the back of the arrow is kicking down once released. we have moved the notch up along with the rest and no matter what we cant get them to quit leaving marks. We can get some of the fletching marks away but not all the way. i am probally going to just do the hunting season with it and get rid of it and get a mattews. i thought i was getting a good deal, read great reviews but know i have spent 2 much money on it getting archery shops 2 try and find the issues with it, why the fletchings are leaving marks all the way down the rest. it was so bad at one point that it was damaging the fletchings. right now my notch is sitting above level on the rest and that caused better results but didnt get rid of the problem. when my arrow is level my marks are way worse and inmost part my fletchings take a beating. i am just so un happy with the problem and cant find the end of the tunnel with that problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't try to change the rest with a more simple one? Whisker or prong type? Instead of giving a lot of money for a new bow...The drop-aways are modern, but i don't thing putting complicated gadgets on your bow makes you a better archer.If you use a 30$ prong type rest and hit the bullseye and use a 130$ drop-away and hit only your wallet which is better?
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

stuntmanstunter

Default ha ha ha figured it out.

i am happy now,, just,, had a friend stop by and really dont know what he did that the bow shops didnt do but my fletchings are no more contact. i am currently pleased with the drop away. even sprayed foot powder on the rest to show that all contact is gone. the bow gods have awnsered my prayers and i am one happy martin owner. i was never all the way unhappy with the bow,,,, cause even with fletching contact i was shooting groups less than one inch at 30 yards and the ibo machine reading 290 with arrow weight around 350.........

stuntmanstunter

Default thank you...

i want to thank all the people that gave advice a threw ideas out there. my issues are resolved and i am happy happy man. good luck to all this years deer season....

brushrat

i am happy now,, just,, had a friend stop by and really dont know what he did that the bow shops didnt do but my fletchings are no more contact. i am currently pleased with the drop away. even sprayed foot powder on the rest to show that all contact is gone. the bow gods have awnsered my prayers and i am one happy martin owner. i was never all the way unhappy with the bow,,,, cause even with fletching contact i was shooting groups less than one inch at 30 yards and the ibo machine reading 290 with arrow weight around 350.........:
    OH NO....are you going to leave us in suspense?? Can you tell us what your friend did to fix your shelf contact? Some of the new readers might have a similar problem and it might be quite helpful to them.