Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: martin bengal m pro cams are they timeable?

stuntmanstunter

Default how the issue was resolved

first tightened the limbs all the way down and turned them back 1/2 turn. then messed with the sting on the buss cable moved it around 3 inches down measuring off the bottom of the rest. Then turned my vane straight up. then put a peice of mole skin right in the v of the rest. some how all that together made magic happen. might sound funny but it somehow made a difference. i shot with vane straight up before but the vanes still rubbed the sides of the rest. really i cant see how that little bit did it after achery shops were scatching there heads but its fixed now and im happy. still going to buy a monster and keep this one for back up but that want be till after this season. how can i say no to a monster for 700 dollars though.

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanstunter View Post
    first tightened the limbs all the way down and turned them back 1/2 turn. then messed with the sting on the buss cable moved it around 3 inches down measuring off the bottom of the rest. Then turned my vane straight up. then put a peice of mole skin right in the v of the rest. some how all that together made magic happen. might sound funny but it somehow made a difference. i shot with vane straight up before but the vanes still rubbed the sides of the rest. really i cant see how that little bit did it after achery shops were scatching there heads but its fixed now and im happy. still going to buy a monster and keep this one for back up but that want be till after this season. how can i say no to a monster for 700 dollars though.
    thanks for letting us know, i'm glad you got it figured out. It's too bad the archery shops you went to were't more competent . Sounds like they just sell bows and don't know how they work. Anyways.....maybe with a little more tweeking you can shoot higher profile vanes for hunting with fixed broadheads. Heck , you might like it so much that you may just keep it for all your hunting. Anyways hope you get the big-un!

stuntmanstunter

Default brushrat

i am going to go back to 2 inch blazers or thoser bone collector fletchings that you put on by sliding them on ,and dip them in hot water and they shrink around the arrows. there supposed to shrink your groups, heard alot of good on them, but as far as fixed broadheads i am a rage man,,, love the way they fly. i use the 2 blade 2 inch cut 100 gram. i shot a rabbit with one at 25 yards and almost cut him completely in half.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you give us a link to some more information about those shrinking vanes?
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

Post Thanks / Like

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanstunter View Post
    i am going to go back to 2 inch blazers or thoser bone collector fletchings that you put on by sliding them on ,and dip them in hot water and they shrink around the arrows. there supposed to shrink your groups, heard alot of good on them, but as far as fixed broadheads i am a rage man,,, love the way they fly. i use the 2 blade 2 inch cut 100 gram. i shot a rabbit with one at 25 yards and almost cut him completely in half.
    should be a deadly combination! I've heard a lot of good things about the Rage broadheads in those states where they are legal. Mecanicals are not even legal for deer in Oregon.