Thread: Martin Saber ou Diamond Rapture?

Hybrid View

iscap_boy

Default Martin Saber ou Diamond Rapture?

Well, i'm a recurve shooter, by i want to buy a compound to shoot FITA and IFAA competition. Dont have a big budget, and my two choices are the Martin Saber and teh Diamond Rapture. I know that you will only talk about the Saber, and i would like to know why i should choose him instead the Diamond.

Thanks in advance

Elk4me

Well let me tell ya Iscap that i just bought a Saber over the Diamond Rapture! I felt the Saber felt better in my hand an the draw was smoother and the Bh on the Saber was 8" and the Rapture was only 7 1/2". Just MO I guess, but I felt the Saber was the better out of the 2 bows for me! But every shooter is not alike so for me I chose the Saber .

iscap_boy

I was told and have read that the problems of the Saber are having plastic modules and the finish of the handle. Is this true?

Elk4me

I am not familier with the finish problem, but yes the mods are plastic, I didnt even know that see you learn something new everyday!

Jack NZ

Quote Originally Posted by iscap_boy
    I was told and have read that the problems of the Saber are having plastic modules and the finish of the handle. Is this true?
    My dealer tells me he can get alloy Modules from the factory.
    The finish on the riser is not that good,mine has a few scratches that just shouldn't be there
    On the other hand the bow shoots so well,who cares,not me

iscap_boy

And what about the cam lean? is that an important problem? does it happens to all bows, or more on the Saber?

Mr Mnemonic

Martin have been using the Graphite reinforced plastic on their modules for a long time, and they're not a problem. Unlike metal the plastic module will act as its own locking device, and I have never seen one come undone, on the other hand I am routinely retightening and applying thread lock to other peoples metal modules. I certainly would not reagard the plastic modules as a negative

The club bows that I coach with are Martins (Jaguars and a Phantom),and with a complete set of plastic modules I can adjust the bows to fit just about everyone. Even with the constant changing the modules get, they've been fine.

I don't know about you, but over here there is a pretty big jump in cost between the Saber and the Rapture. So if budget is a factor The Saber weighs up better.

At the end of the day though you need to pick up both bows, look at your personal requirements and uses and decide which bow is best for you.

Hope this helps