Thread: Want to buy limbs for an 06 Slayer?

davydtune

Default Want to buy limbs for an 06 Slayer?

I'm looking for a set of 13" limbs for a Slayer. Mine has 14" that go to 70 lbs I believe they are 4L or 4H. I want to drop down to 60 lbs, not sure what # they would be? I figured if I'm dropping weight I might as well go with the shorter limbs so I can get a little extra speed.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are changing to the shorter limbs you will need a longer draw length setting. I assume that is possible on your configuration?

If you will change to shorter limbs you should take a somewhat lower limb rating.If 4L is 70lbs with 14"-Magnum then you will need 3L with 14" Magnums and approx 3L with 13" Magnums.

But let me do some research on that.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

davydtune

Draw not a problem, I have Nitrous C cams with mini mods. I'm assuming I would need to be lighter in a 13" limb because it will physically bend a little more?

Post Thanks / Like

THe shorter the limb the stiffer the same limb number will be.

It takes less energy to bend a 16" limb than a 14" limb although they might have the same deflection number. Same with 14" and 13".

I found out nothing about switching from 14" Mag to 13" Mag. If changing from 16" SE to 14" Mag you would have to take a limb that will provide 7# less.

Maybe you should take a 2H Limb if your actual limb is a 4L or maybe a 3L limb. Just consider yourself what limb would fit better.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL