Thread: Thermal elite grip

Unregistered

Question Thermal elite grip

I bought a thermal elite grip for my new martin cheetah, and i was wondering how to install it? It has two peices of leather pads and two peices of the wooden handle and one screw. If anyone could help that would be a big help, thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that it is kind of similar to this one:

http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechfo...read.php?t=240

The leather pads should fit onto the front and the back. The side plates are mounted and secured with that screw.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

No it's not like those "chitty" rubber grips.

All you need to do is remove that old rubber piece of crap. I just used a single edge razor blade to slice through it, then peeled it off. Depending on how much glue is on the riser it might be a little work. Then clean off any glue residue. I forgot what I used.

Once the riser is fairly clean all you have to do is peel the paper off the leather strips and stick one on the front side and one on the back. I put the short one on the front because I don't have much contact with the grip area there. The leather will wrap into the cutout for the wooden side plates. Don't worry about this. Just put it on. Then install the side plates with the screw provided.

It's really that simple.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver