Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Factory CCS problems

Post Thanks / Like

Can you post a pic of the whole bow?

Dave308

Here ya go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

AdamA

I'll try to get some pics this week. Hoping to get my new idler wheel this week and see if that makes a difference.

Is this a common issue with Martin bows?

AdamA

Just put the new idler wheel on this evening and the string/cable look the same. Sanded the spacers between the idler wheel down so the wheel spun freely. Seems kinda useless to put bearings in an idler wheel then cram in a couple spacers that don't allow the wheel to move freely....just my .02

So my question is........Does anyone out there have a Cheetah that the string/cable are on straight? If this is just the way they are than that's fine, I'll make sure I get plenty of serving on my new string/cable.

One last note, is the "Y" end of the cable suppose to cross and go to opposite sides? Example: Take the "Y" and move the left over the right.

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by AdamA View Post
    Just put the new idler wheel on this evening and the string/cable look the same. Sanded the spacers between the idler wheel down so the wheel spun freely. Seems kinda useless to put bearings in an idler wheel then cram in a couple spacers that don't allow the wheel to move freely....just my .02

So my question is........Does anyone out there have a Cheetah that the string/cable are on straight? If this is just the way they are than that's fine, I'll make sure I get plenty of serving on my new string/cable.

One last note, is the "Y" end of the cable suppose to cross and go to opposite sides? Example: Take the "Y" and move the left over the right.
    sounds like you just wrapped the right side of the cable too tightly and it is bunching up. You might have to take a couple twists out . As you are holding the bow, the string should ride pretty much down the center of the groove. Don't worry about the back of the idler ,as the string is being drawn away to provide fletching clearance and there is nothing you can do about that. Mines been looking like its going to jump the idler in the back for about 1 year now and hasn't yet...nor is there any string wear and it doesn't even have serving around the idler.

AdamA

Brushrat: It's not that it's bunched up, it's more like if you took one end in your left hand and one in your right hand, took the one in your right and wrapped it around the one in your left hand then hooked it up.

Post Thanks / Like

How is your cam orientation? When the yoke starts to twist around itself it's because of the number of twists in the string. You can take a twist or two out of it as long as that doesn't put the cam rotation too far off.
    I dont believe having it just overlapped once is going to cause any problem and if you are planning on changing strings then...

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by AdamA View Post
    Brushrat: It's not that it's bunched up, it's more like if you took one end in your left hand and one in your right hand, took the one in your right and wrapped it around the one in your left hand then hooked it up.
    you know what....after looking at your pics again (zoomed 250%) your string actually favors the right side of the groove. That is too many wraps on the right side of the cable yoke. Its your call, but if it was mine i would back off a few, especially because you have such a short ata bow. There could be a concern that the string could jump the back of the idler. The idea is to have the string favor the left side of the groove but NOT TOUCHING THE LIP. That would be the best compromise for a short ata bow. Don't get all hung up on having the string exactly parallel with an arrow laying accross the idler.

I would rather have strings that last more than 3 months and doesn't jump the track than to have "0" cam lean. Also keep your string waxed well in that area to not provide any leverage for the string to climb the track. After continued use the sharp edges on the idler will will wear down some and it won't be an issue.

timtim146

Alright so i have a 09 cheetah but in camo and my cable/string is exactly the same. I was thinking that maybe the ccs that they have been putting on them is the wrong sie because everyones bows with the ccs look like this. I just hope we figure out what it is :] im getting vapor trail strings soon and im going to get the idler wheel and the ccs served up real nice lol