Thread: Draw curve - Is this correct?

irtmks

Default Draw curve - Is this correct?

Fiddling, Fiddling, Fiddling with my draw board. I t seems when I have my module set for a draw of 29" I can get maximum draw weight (in this case 50 pounds). When I set my draw to 28" I can get only to 48 pounds? Is this normal? Does draw length affect maximum draw weight? This is on a Martin Mystic with furious cams.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RogerSr

I have a Mystic,with 55# limbs on it, my draw length is 28" if I set it at 27" or 29" I still get the full 55lbs draw weight, the DL does not change the draw weight. I hope this helps

irtmks

Default thanks again

Think I will run it on the drawboard a few more times, maybe the az sun was in my eyes

Post Thanks / Like

There should be a little cariation in your measurments. There is no scale that will always show the same so that there might be some pounds missing. There is also a big influence to the measured result in the way you are 'holding' your bow (or the drawboard). There can be differences up to 10lbs.

But are you sure that you set up your draw right?
    If you set your bow to 29lbs draw your valley should start somewhat before that and stop at 29" so that you will have a 'wall' there.

In your other post you told us something about a drawstop. As far as i know there is no drawstop on the cam.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL