Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cracked Limb 09 Firecat

whitetailfreak86

Thumbs down Cracked Limb 09 Firecat

As the title says I gotta cracked bottom limb on my 09 Firecat. It starts in the arch in front of cam and only goes about 1/2-3/4" parallel down limb and about same distance down into the arch in like a stairway type line. It isnt whole way through the limb but timing couldnt be worse as our season started yesterday....im hoping Joel can get me taken care of quick. Anyone else on here have a cracked limb and how fast did Martin take care of it?

RogerSr

You guys are pushing these CAT cams to hard! if you don't titian the limb bolts down all the way , like back them off one half turn it may help,and it will not cost you that much speed, but may make the limbs last longer, has anyone tried it?

whitetailfreak86

Quote Originally Posted by RogerSr View Post
    You guys are pushing these CAT cams to hard! if you don't titian the limb bolts down all the way , like back them off one half turn it may help,and it will not cost you that much speed, but may make the limbs last longer, has anyone tried it?
    Easy there hoss!!! You know what they say about assuming....dont you? If youd ask first mines set at 67lbs. right now with 70lb. limbs....I dont think that constitutes "pushing the CAT cams to hard". Saying that you shouldnt tighten limb bolts down all the way is pretty rediculous as well...considering Martin and 99% of all other companys will tell you there bows perform best when the limb bolts are tightened down all the way.

I really didnt need anyone ridiculing and I did not bash a dang thing so the hostility really isnt needed. I simply asked if anyone else has experienced this and how long it took to get rectified.

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by whitetailfreak86 View Post
    As the title says I gotta cracked bottom limb on my 09 Firecat. It starts in the arch in front of cam and only goes about 1/2-3/4" parallel down limb and about same distance down into the arch in like a stairway type line. It isnt whole way through the limb but timing couldnt be worse as our season started yesterday....im hoping Joel can get me taken care of quick. Anyone else on here have a cracked limb and how fast did Martin take care of it?
    Yikes, your luck is as bad as mine! Boy, this time of year their customer service people are pretty busy. Iv'e beeen waiting since wed. sept 30th just for a call back from customer service to my archery dealer....hope they call back soon. I too wanted to hunt. Everybody says "ya juss got to be patient" and i know that, but it's so hard being without a bow when theres critters to be harvested!

whitetailfreak86

Quote Originally Posted by brushrat View Post
    Yikes, your luck is as bad as mine! Boy, this time of year their customer service people are pretty busy. Iv'e beeen waiting since wed. sept 30th just for a call back from customer service to my archery dealer....hope they call back soon. I too wanted to hunt. Everybody says "ya juss got to be patient" and i know that, but it's so hard being without a bow when theres critters to be harvested!
    Have you tried calling Joel personally? When I have called and left a message I get a return call within the day most of the times within the hour. I have spoke with PUG and others who are with or formerly with Martin, over on AT, and they all agree I should be fine but that theres no reason Joel wont have limbs to me by end of the week....il be pushing for overnighting limbs even if I gotta pay partial shipping.

brushrat

Have you tried calling Joel personally? When I have called and left a message I get a return call within the day most of the times within the hour. I have spoke with PUG and others who are with or formerly with Martin, over on AT, and they all agree I should be fine but that theres no reason Joel wont have limbs to me by end of the week....il be pushing for overnighting limbs even if I gotta pay partial shipping.
    wow..... you must know the secret hand shake!

tood s

mine cracked on my 09 firecat 3 weeks ago and Martin had me up and running in less than 2 weeks..... my bow was only set at 63# and i have the 70# limbs... I think what may be causing the limbs to split is the harsh let off at the end of the draw could be causing it.. IMO

eldermike

Quote Originally Posted by tood s View Post
    mine cracked on my 09 firecat 3 weeks ago and Martin had me up and running in less than 2 weeks..... my bow was only set at 63# and i have the 70# limbs... I think what may be causing the limbs to split is the harsh let off at the end of the draw could be causing it.. IMO
    I think you are right. Archery has changed a ton with the advent of the compound and the lower holding weights. This allows people to shoot bows that should really be considered an overbowed situation. I'll take some heat for this but as an old timer and a traditional archer I learned that the draw is part of the shot and should be smooth and on target. I have seen people snatch through the draw cycle and then try and set up a shot, this is classic overbowed.

I have a 60lb firecat. I set my bow arm like I would with a recurve and draw through the weight and ease up to the draw stop. I don't shoot 70's because I would have to snatch them to the stop.

I have seen two lower limbs broken this year shooting 3D, neither were martins both were snatched to the stop on every shot. Overbowed is not talked about as much as it should be.

RogerSr

Easy there hoss!!! You know what they say about assuming....dont you? If youd ask first mines set at 67lbs. right now with 70lb. limbs....I dont think that constitutes "pushing the CAT cams to hard". Saying that you shouldnt tighten limb bolts down all the way is pretty rediculous as well...considering Martin and 99% of all other companys will tell you there bows perform best when the limb bolts are tightened down all the way.

I really didnt need anyone ridiculing and I did not bash a dang thing so the hostility really isnt needed. I simply asked if anyone else has experienced this and how long it took to get rectified.
    I think your reading to much in to it,i was not ridiculing you or anyone, and you may have your limbs backed down a turn, but most guys with CAT cams are pushing them, and that is why their are so many limb failings, with speed bows, and the bow company's say at or near max, for top performance, The CAT cams are very aggressive and can be hard on limbs. that is all I was saying!

whitetailfreak86

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RogerSr View Post
    I think your reading to much in to it,i was not ridiculing you or anyone, and you may have your limbs backed down a turn, but most guys with CAT cams are pushing them, and that is why their are so many limb failings, with speed bows, and the bow company's say at or near max, for top performance, The CAT cams are very aggressive and can be hard on limbs. that is all I was saying!
    OK that works...sorry I was a lil irritable to say the least when this was all going down so didnt mean to be a prick or bite your head off.

Just an update...called Joel C. that monday, crack was found friday night, and he said no problem il get it new limbs out today. Joel went outta his way and sent me new limbs second day air UPS, which isnt the norm. Well I got in contact with him Noon EST on monday and had new limbs in my hands Noon EST on Wednesday and they were on that evening...needless to say Martin and Joel again go outta there way to take care of the customer Thanx a million Joel.