Thread: whats a good mechanical broadhead?

Hybrid View

Unregistered

Question whats a good mechanical broadhead?

what is a good penetrateing broadhead? i am looking for good distance as well as being able to shoot through my screen in my blind.

RogerSr

I have used a lot of them over the years, I think the best I've used are the Grim Reaper razorcut or razortip, I've used 85gr and 100gr, i have had good luck with Rage 2 blade or 3 blade in 100gr, I have taken a lot of game with both of them, and never lost a animal, I have killed deer , pig, bear, and elk, and turkey,but I also use fixed blades at times, hope this helps!

speedyropp

I do not think you are supposed to shoot through the screen of your blind w/any mechanical b/c they might open.

eldermike

I have thought about this shoot through the screen stuff, I think I would want a cut on contact head with 3 blades. But have not tried it.

RogerSr

With the Grim Reaper you can shoot through the screen without a problem, the reapers do not have bans or any of that stuff they are spring loaded, when you jet a pass through on a deer and find the arrow the head is closed, it opens when it's going thru but closes after that, I've know-en people to say their reaper did not open after a pass through, because it was closed but if you look at the size of the hole, their is no doubt that it opened

CraigK

there was a good video on youtube about broadheads I was looking at the other day, they were testing alot of broadheads and showing in slo mo how they operate,pretty cool video, i think if you search rage broadheads, a few video's show up.

davydtune

Grim Reaper or X System. Both will go through the screen with know problems.