Thread: Martin P3 Pro Series, How old is it?

drm11900

Default Martin P3 Pro Series, How old is it?

I recently bought this bow used and there is no info on the limbs.
    I believe the draw to be from 28-32" and the weight to be up to #70.
    Any one know any more info on this bow?

How old it may be?
    What it might have retailed for?
    What model it might be...Panther?
    Is there a model # some where else on the bow? If so I can not find one.
    One last thing. The cams how do I know what the let off is? 65% or 85% I think are the choices. Do you sacrifice accuracy with higher % let off?

Here's some pics to help you out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by drm11900; 10-10-2009 at 10:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Martin P3 from 2006 or 2007.
    Elite Limbs with Furious XL-Cams. The Draw range should be around 27"-31" with those XL-Cams. With the
    The current Letoff is 65% as far as i can see that on the modules.

You can see the original Martin website here: http://www.martinarchery.com/bows2006/index_568.php
    Last edited by Montalaar; 10-10-2009 at 11:35 AM.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

drm11900

Thanks for the info and the link Montalaar, some good info there.

Was this bow designed for target? What do you guys think about the 85% let off modules? Worth buying?

I took the bow to Sportsman's Warehouse and they helped me with some of the noise I was having. We put some padding under the drop away at the riser and also I guess the cable slide bump stop was on backwards. you can see it in the pic.

30" draw set at 60# it chronographed at 268 fps and did well through the paper.

Anyone have an idea what the value of this bow might be?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Value

Well, the value is whatever you paid for it, and whatever you get out of it. What it sold for is another question. But going by this site, I'd say around $630, new
    http://www.huntersfriend.com/2007-Bo...ations-all.htm
    This bow to bow comparison goes back to 2004, your P3 is 2006 or 2007, and fires an arrow at over 300 fps
    Hope this helps
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

tood s

Now that is a good looking bow !!

drm11900

Thanks elkslayer thats what I was shootin for was a retail price. I paid $75 for the bow how you see it plus 6 carbon arrows, a patriot release and a new soft case.

Gotta love craigslist.

Thanks fot the comment Tood

Post Thanks / Like

The P3 is designed as a target bow but you can also use it for hunting as you can do with any other bow, too. It should be kind of 'torqueless'. I would not increase the Letoff as this will make your bow less effective. You could upgrade to the Shootrhough System if you want. This will give you more consistency, will make the bow much more quite and remove any camlean. You can read all about that on the current Martin Website if you look at the Scepter or Mystic. They use the same cam.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

drm11900

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    The P3 is designed as a target bow but you can also use it for hunting as you can do with any other bow, too. It should be kind of 'torqueless'. I would not increase the Letoff as this will make your bow less effective. You could upgrade to the Shootrhough System if you want. This will give you more consistency, will make the bow much more quite and remove any camlean. You can read all about that on the current Martin Website if you look at the Scepter or Mystic. They use the same cam.
    85% let off sounds intriguing but you've talked me out of that.
    What would be involved in the shoot through upgrade? Because that sounds appealing.

Post Thanks / Like

Just call Martin customer service and tell them what you have and they will tell you about the upgrade/shoot thru options that are available.

Post Thanks / Like

You would need a set of 4 new cables (just like shorter strings) and a set of shoot through modules for your furious cams (they come with axles, spacers and so on).
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL