Thread: cam rubbing winners choice cable

Hybrid View

Unregistered

Default cam rubbing winners choice cable

I have a cougar III with the tru-arc plus cams. I just had my bowshop put on new winners choice string and cables and have shot about 200 shots- it is shooting great- except it appears that the let-off wheel on the bottom cam is starting to rub on my new set-up. My bowshop adjusted the cable guard a little. Please let me know if this is the problem. My friend suggested I get a piece of emery paper and take the edge of the let-off wheel?

Jack NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I have a cougar III with the tru-arc plus cams. I just had my bowshop put on new winners choice string and cables and have shot about 200 shots- it is shooting great- except it appears that the let-off wheel on the bottom cam is starting to rub on my new set-up. My bowshop adjusted the cable guard a little. Please let me know if this is the problem. My friend suggested I get a piece of emery paper and take the edge of the let-off wheel?
    I have a similar problem with my bow.
    For now I'm waxing and or checking the area every time I shoot.
    I've also considered the emery paper idea, but know doing that type of thing will void my warranty for certain.
    But then again if one was to use emery paper on it,it would have to be polished as well as even emery paper would leave ultra fine rough spots that could continue to do damage.

PLASTIC PAUL

Could one of you folks post a pic of the area? I have a theory but would ike to see exactly what we are talking about before i comment.

Elk4me

We'll I just bought a new 06 Saber and am haveing the same problem with the Dyna cam after only 1 week. Took the bow back to the dealer , they said it is normal I say no way! I have also emailed Jake at Martin for a answer sice I cant get it from my dealer. I tried to loosen the set screw to adj. the cable guard to take some tention off the cam and it wont budge. Here are some pics of my problem

PLASTIC PAUL

Matt, those are factory strings if i am not mistaken. There may be two set screws holding the cable guard, one behind the one you loosened. I would call or PM Joel as well and see if he has any thoughts.

For everyone i would run my finger along the edge of the cam and check it for an edge. It may be a case where the cams needed a little more time in the tumbler.

I just went and looked at your pics again Matt, there looks to me like there is too much tension on the cable guard. Take that set scre out all the way and see if there is another on in there.
    Last edited by PLASTIC PAUL; 05-20-2006 at 03:17 PM.

razorjack

there were some post not to long ago about this same thing,dyna cam leaning a bit,wonder how much is too much,and would a lite sanding do the trick, i wonder if this is covered under warranty!