Thread: whats a good mechanical broadhead?

Unregistered

Question whats a good mechanical broadhead?

what is a good penetrateing broadhead? i am looking for good distance as well as being able to shoot through my screen in my blind.

RogerSr

I have used a lot of them over the years, I think the best I've used are the Grim Reaper razorcut or razortip, I've used 85gr and 100gr, i have had good luck with Rage 2 blade or 3 blade in 100gr, I have taken a lot of game with both of them, and never lost a animal, I have killed deer , pig, bear, and elk, and turkey,but I also use fixed blades at times, hope this helps!

speedyropp

I do not think you are supposed to shoot through the screen of your blind w/any mechanical b/c they might open.

eldermike

I have thought about this shoot through the screen stuff, I think I would want a cut on contact head with 3 blades. But have not tried it.

RogerSr

With the Grim Reaper you can shoot through the screen without a problem, the reapers do not have bans or any of that stuff they are spring loaded, when you jet a pass through on a deer and find the arrow the head is closed, it opens when it's going thru but closes after that, I've know-en people to say their reaper did not open after a pass through, because it was closed but if you look at the size of the hole, their is no doubt that it opened

CraigK

there was a good video on youtube about broadheads I was looking at the other day, they were testing alot of broadheads and showing in slo mo how they operate,pretty cool video, i think if you search rage broadheads, a few video's show up.

davydtune

Grim Reaper or X System. Both will go through the screen with know problems.

Post Thanks / Like

never really favored mechanicals, but i would probly go with the grim reapers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    never really favored mechanicals,
    Same here. I saw the post, "What's a good mechanical broadhead?", My first response was, "No such Thing!". I guess some people love them. I've just never met one. Too many good fixed "Real" broadheads out there for me to even think about using something you have to worry if it will open.
    2010 Martin Firecat W/CATII's,TG5301 Sight, Martin Biscuit, Lynx 4 Quiver, Easton A/C/C's, Muzzy 100's

2009 Martin Warthog, Tru-Glo5301 Sights, Martin Biscuit, Lynx 4 Quiver, Easton A/C/C's, Muzzy 100's

2004 Martin Cougar Magnum W/Nitrous C-Cams, Tru-Glo5301 Sights, Martin Biscuit, Lynx 4 Quiver, Easton A/C/C's, Muzzy 100's

2004 Martin Razor W/Nitrous C's,TG5301 Sight, Martin Biscuit, Lynx 4 Quiver, Easton A/C/C's, Muzzy 100's