Thread: Cougar 2000 questions

reelman

Default Cougar 2000 questions

Hello;
    I have a 2001 Cougar 2000 with Zcams, and I'm trying to get it shooting well with fingers...the label on the bow says the letoff is "hi"... I assume that is the 75%... how do I change it to 65%? Do I need to find different modules, and do you think that changing will make the bow more "finger friendly"? Also, it appears that the cable guard can be mounted either above or below the grip (it came mounted above)... what are the ramifications of moving it? Forgive me if these are silly questions, I really appreciate the help!
    Thanks, Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Rob, leave the bow as it is now. 65% won't be better for your fingers and the rod on all Martin bows i've seen is in the upper position. I don't know the axle-to-axle of your bow, but if it is less then 38 inches you'd better take a release. I've been shooting my MOAB with fingers several months, but since i use a release i'm more accurate.I also prefer finger shooting, but these modern bows aren't good for that
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

bigbob

Talking cougar 2ooo

Shoot a cougar 2000 myself with fingers and 60lb and dont have any problems. Mine has the single Fuzion cam and an ATA of 42 1/4. Do use a finger tab though. It is a very forgiving bow and great for fingers.

Post Thanks / Like

With such A2A the bow is great fo finger shooting.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reelman View Post
    Hello;
    I have a 2001 Cougar 2000 with Zcams, and I'm trying to get it shooting well with fingers...the label on the bow says the letoff is "hi"... I assume that is the 75%... how do I change it to 65%? Do I need to find different modules, and do you think that changing will make the bow more "finger friendly"? Also, it appears that the cable guard can be mounted either above or below the grip (it came mounted above)... what are the ramifications of moving it? Forgive me if these are silly questions, I really appreciate the help!
    Thanks, Rob
    My first Martin was/is the same bow you have now, in fact I have two. The only way you will find a more forgiving bow is to put the Z-cams on a Scepter riser...but that is another story. Cableguard always work better when they are near the center of the bow or adjacent to the arrow; this enables you to have as much fletching clearance as needed with as little limb torque.
    Now the other question is yes a 65% let off would be better if you had it since you would have less side to side (lateral) movement at draw which as you know is exacerbated with fingers and this would require a cam change...unfortunatly they made the Z-cam to where the letoff is engineered into the cam and not the mod so you would require a cam change if you want a lower let off.

Good luck.

reelman

Default Thanks!

Thanks for all your replies!!
    Based on all your input, I'm going to keep the bow set up as it is, and concentrate on getting it tuned well, and on my form...