Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M-56 Scepter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowfishn View Post
    I switched the parts from the M-56 to the Scepter II and it only gave a peak of 72# , which is within what I was looking for 70-75#. I removed the limb pockets from one of my Scepter II's and installed them on the M-56 Scepter that also gave a Max weight of 72#, of coarse that still is no where close to the chart for the M-57 with Nitrous B Cams and 10M Elite limbs.

Again the X-Cables are 44.75" twisted enough to bring ATA to 43.5"
    The Shoot String is 58.5" with enough twist to bring the draw length to 32" in the M4 setting on the HL-X Cams.

The ATA is 43.5" with a brace height of 8.5" this is very close to the Specs for the Scepter III Elite with Nitrous Cams listed in the 2004 Catalog ATA 3.375" Brace 8.375"(this spec was probably with the A cam)

I have put together over 20 bows in the past using the specs from Martin, most of these bows being Cougar Speed Flite, M-44 Firecats, Onza with Flite-Wheels, Sonic Wheels and Scepter Z-cams with the old tear drop system and have never had a bow that did not come out the way it was listed in the Specs.

Martin has not answered my email so I will have to call them to get to the bottom of what is the change.
    Its just that it will drive me crazy not knowing.
    What do you mean by this comment?

bowfishn

What I meant by that comment was, if there is a difference in the limb pocket angle from the M-56 Scepter and the M-57 Scepter II and the Scepter II limb pockets will fit both risers, is there also a difference in the angle on the Scepter III that is listed in the specs for the cable and string length as well as limb numbers? If there is a difference and this is where the increase in poundage comes from for the same Cams, will the Scepter III limb pockets work with the previous model Scepters? If so that gives more choices for setting up the M-56 Scepter and the Scepter II with Nitrous Cams or other Cams, with a greater range of Limb numbers. Example
    M-56 Scepter Nitrous B cams, Elite 10M limbs 66#
    M-57 Scepter II Nitrous B cams, Elite 10M limbs 72#
    According to Chart:
    M-57 Scepter III Nitrous B cams, Elite 10H limbs 80# (10M should be at least 78#)
    If this is true and parts are all interchangeable, limb pockets are cheaper than new limbs and there is a 12# change with the same limb. (with the 10M any ways)
    Last edited by bowfishn; 10-22-2009 at 01:27 PM. Reason: spelling

bowfishn

Now I am really confused, I talked with Martin, was told there should not be any difference in the limb pocket angle except maybe cosmetic.

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to tell you that but I wanted you to get it strait from the horses mouth...I don't call myself Scepterman for nothing.
    But there could be very small differences between the bows during manufacturing that could cause some small changes.
    For instance I used to order my bows to max out at an exact poundage...lets say 60 lbs., but when I got it it would only go to 57 lbs. Draw length, cam orientation, A/A length, etc. were perfect so I didn't want to change anything so I put a brass washer (about the same thickness of the plastic washer that is between the limb and the mushroom pivot), so not much but it put the poundage at 60 or 61 lbs; which was right where I wanted it. So what I am saying is small (unnoticable to the eye changes in riser length, limb deflection, etc. can cause thing to not be precise from one riser to the next.) However they should be pretty close.
    My $ .02