Thread: 09 Bengal cam lean

Post Thanks / Like

Question 09 Bengal cam lean

I'm wondering how to fix my lower cam lean ??? It looks good until full draw ??? I've already fixed the idler lean... I thought I read somewere in the forum it can't be done ???? anyone ??? any input would be appreciated !!!!

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
    I'm wondering how to fix my lower cam lean ??? It looks good until full draw ??? I've already fixed the idler lean... I thought I read somewere in the forum it can't be done ???? anyone ??? any input would be appreciated !!!!
    Don't know how you would do it since there is no cable yoke on the cam. Since it is so new i doubt there would be any bearing wear or bent axle.

was there visual lean or did you some how measure it? If so how much was there?

Post Thanks / Like

the string comes off the bottem right side of the cam and just eyeball'n it the top tilts about 1deg to the left

Post Thanks / Like

brushrat is right. Because there is no cable yoke to the cam there is no way that I know of to correct it. The idler is another story.

This is one of the reasons I have gotten away from single cam bows. The same can be an issue with binary cams. About the only way to deal with it is to contact customer service or have the bow looked at at a shop and see if new limbs are in order.

I would say this though. This is caused by the cables being pulled to the side by the slide/rod. The shorter the bow the more severe it usually is. Regardless of what people think any bow shorter than about 36" is going to have some cam lean that cannot be removed.

Yes, I know that there is a love affair going on with short bows that are supposedly more handy shooting from treestands, but with the technology of bows there are certain tradeoffs. Shorter is not always better. I can attest to this because I remember shooting bows 48" long, nonparallel limbs, and we didn't have near the problems as what is being encountered today.

Being as you have encountered it the best thing you can do is make note of it and when purchasing a bow in the future pay particular attention to it and don't settle for a bow with this problem, no matter who the manufacturer is.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx for the help guys I guess all things said it could be worse??? I just put on a new string and CCS I'm sure that has alot to do with it... I'm trying to get it tuned AGAP and if I can't straighten it up so be it !!! I have noticed it seems to have less of a let off even though its set at the same 68lbs ??? Is this also a given with the CCS ??? I've read it kicks it up 5lbs and it did but I figured if I put it back to the original 68 it would still feel the same at draw. I can again Genten say that it has helped quite a bit to silence it......

THANX again for your input Gentlemen