Thread: C.A. T. cam recall

Post Thanks / Like

Default C.A. T. cam recall

Can anyone answear that question for me. Been reading that there might be one for the 08' Firecat's cam. Mine seems to like to chew up the serving. Is loud on the shot. also is there someway to get the camo redone on the risermine has several place that the finish is gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about the riser, but from what I've been reading elsewhere it seems that Martin has redesigned the cam or modules somewhat for people who are experiencing premature cable wear.

Something you might try is using a wet stone and removing the sharp edge from the module itself where the cable rubs.

Not every bow does this so I think they are handling the change on a case by case basis.. Call customer service and ask for Joel. Explain it to him and see what he says.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

eldermike

I fixed mine with a very smooth flat file and then a stone. It's not hard to do if you are good with hand tools. It totally fixed the problem with 1000's of shots since and the string is still going strong. I thought about asking for a set of those new modules but I can't imagine them being better than the ones I fixed. But it would be nice to have the anodized finish back.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys . I think I'll have to have the shop call and see what Martin says. The finish of the cameo I can live with, reserving the cables could drive Ron crazy at the shop.