Thread: arrows question

AlienX

Default arrows question

i know this is a bow tech fourm Buuut im a noob any how ive been shooting powerflight 400s now the local archery shop told me i should be using 340s when im shooting at 70 # hmmm not sure bout that any help would be great 340 yes or no and why ty

Post Thanks / Like

The spine depends also on your draw length and the point weight. With 26" DL a .400 could be okay but with 31" DL a .340 would be better, maybe even a stiffer one.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

At 70# you're in need of a 340 spine with anything from about 25 to 27". Get to 28-29 and you definitely need a 340 spine. Anything over 29" I'd recommend a 300 spine.

Of course there is a way around some of this. NOthing in any rule book says the bow has to be shot right at 70#. Part of tuning is using the limb bolts to adjust poundage. If you have to back it off then so be it.

Poundage is just a number and as such is all in our minds. It's the ego thing.
    You're not less of a man if you need to adjust to 65# to get good arrow flight. In fact, that makes you smart.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Dave308

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    At 70# you're in need of a 340 spine with anything from about 25 to 27". Get to 28-29 and you definitely need a 340 spine. Anything over 29" I'd recommend a 300 spine.

Of course there is a way around some of this. NOthing in any rule book says the bow has to be shot right at 70#. Part of tuning is using the limb bolts to adjust poundage. If you have to back it off then so be it.

Poundage is just a number and as such is all in our minds. It's the ego thing.
    You're not less of a man if you need to adjust to 65# to get good arrow flight. In fact, that makes you smart.
    And your shoulder will thank you

AlienX

ty guys i am shooting a DL of 28" so I think ill give the 340s a try