Thread: Arrow and broadhead info

Hybrid View

wheels0813

Red face Arrow and broadhead info

I have a new Bengal for deer hunting. Looking for arrow and broadhead recommendations. Haven't bow hunted for years and don't have a lot of time to try a bunch of combinations.
    Bow set at 60lb draw, 29 length.
    I'd appreciate any info that would help me narrow down my choices.

Coop

Default Hi,

I like the Slick Trick broadheads(magnums-100 grains)...
    For the hunting arrow.. go to any arrow manufacture web site (Gold Tip, Easton, Beaman, Victory,etc..) & get on their arrow selection chart(hunting).. the charts will tell you which arrow to buy. This should get you where you want to be.. hope this helps...

Good luck,
    Coop

wheels0813

Default thanks for the info

thank for the good info
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I like the Slick Trick broadheads(magnums-100 grains)...
    For the hunting arrow.. go to any arrow manufacture web site (Gold Tip, Easton, Beaman, Victory,etc..) & get on their arrow selection chart(hunting).. the charts will tell you which arrow to buy. This should get you where you want to be.. hope this helps...

Good luck,
    Coop

stuntmanstunter

Default victory

Quote Originally Posted by wheels0813 View Post
    I have a new Bengal for deer hunting. Looking for arrow and broadhead recommendations. Haven't bow hunted for years and don't have a lot of time to try a bunch of combinations.
    Bow set at 60lb draw, 29 length.
    I'd appreciate any info that would help me narrow down my choices.
    i have shot easton, and tryed beeman but easton owns beeman. now i shot victory v force hv. v3 350= 60/70. i shot out of bengal with 29 inch draw at 70 pounds. these arrows are bad to the bone want use anything else now. and if you live in a state were expandables are legal, go rage. those broadheads are the bomb. shot a doe opening morning and she didnt run 15 yards.

wheels0813

Default thanks, great info

thanks for the info.. I'll check out the eastons
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanstunter View Post
    i have shot easton, and tryed beeman but easton owns beeman. now i shot victory v force hv. v3 350= 60/70. i shot out of bengal with 29 inch draw at 70 pounds. these arrows are bad to the bone want use anything else now. and if you live in a state were expandables are legal, go rage. those broadheads are the bomb. shot a doe opening morning and she didnt run 15 yards.

jpermenter

As you can tell, everyone is different, I shoot Gold Tip with a 100 grain slick trick and dont have a complaint about either one. They use to kill deer with a recurve and a wood arrow so i figure its pretty hard to go wrong. just pick what you like and go with it.

willow ms

There are too many options now days it seems. If you prefer mechanicals I would choose the Grim Reaper over the Rage. Same huge wound track and more durable. I still shoot fixed blade G5 Montecs. They are super tough, very deadly and extremely accurate. I shoot Beman 400s at 29" 62Lbs. hope this info helps.

wheels0813

Default thanks for the quick response

yeah, I'm overwhelmed with all the options out there.. I appreciate the reply..
    Quote Originally Posted by willow ms View Post
    There are too many options now days it seems. If you prefer mechanicals I would choose the Grim Reaper over the Rage. Same huge wound track and more durable. I still shoot fixed blade G5 Montecs. They are super tough, very deadly and extremely accurate. I shoot Beman 400s at 29" 62Lbs. hope this info helps.

willow ms

Quote Originally Posted by wheels0813 View Post
    yeah, I'm overwhelmed with all the options out there.. I appreciate the reply..
    You are quite welcome. I am old school and prefer "simpler the better". Anything mechanical can fail. The one piece design won't fail to open. I have a friend who shoots the Grim reapers. He has shot three deer with the same head causing massive bone crushing wound channels and the head is still intact. All he had to do was clean and retouch the blades with a stone. The head is spring loaded and will not fail on impact and won't open in flight. I am considering trying them. I have waited years to see a mechanical I thought I could depend on. Thanks,WILLOW